GUN What would you do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bigboostdsm, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

I know that it's kind of hard to answer this without being in this situation yourself, but it was on TV earlier and I was curious what the rest of you would do.

It's hard for me to believe that all these other guys just stood there and watched this guy get sucker punched and knocked the fuck out. I feel like I would yell at him to stop and if he came at me I would draw and fire, no questions asked. I'm a little guy compared to this 6' something 350lb man. I know that I wouldn't be able to fight this guy one on one.

But it's seriously beyond me how those other guys there just stand and watch this guy get beat the fuck down.

http://www.trutv.com/shows/most_shocking/index.html?pid=EPeYjipwRx6EaHzWBBVzF5On3AjuUfUF

2. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Large disparity in size and ability would be an example of circumstances which would make deadly force an option.
    A guy that big can kill you with his hands.
    The DA would want to know why you didn't just run away from his fat ass though.

3. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Well he was standing in front of the doorway in a room that's probably 10x10. He takes up 3'x3', how am I expected to get around?

Also as far as I know, TN has no duty to retreat. I'd really love some clarification on this though :o

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

is this that pizza shop beat down video?

5. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

6. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Not much you can do unless you know someone will back you up once you make a move. I don't think I could stand there and just watch though. At that point I'd just tell him to relax and "try" to hold him back. Not the best solution, but honestly that's what I'd do in that situation. I wouldn't try to take him on.

7. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

It happens all the time.

8. smartypants

smartypants New Member

If I didn't know the guy, and I thought he had it coming to him I'd let him get his ass kicked.
    Circle of life.

9. Clingman

Clingman Clingman runs Bartertown.

What if you didn't know the guy, and didn't know if he had it coming or not? What if it was a cop getting beat up?

10. smartypants

smartypants New Member

What does him being a cop have to do with it?

11. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Do you really think that guy had that coming? He was obviously trying to keep out of a physical altercation when the attacker took a cheap shot.

Sure, if someone deserved it I'd let him get roughed up a little; but there's a difference between getting roughed up and getting the shit kicked out of you.

I'm not saying that I'd immediately draw and fire on the attacker by any means. I'm saying that I'd yell at him to stop until he did. If he came at me that's when I would draw and fire, since at that point I would be in fear of my life :dunno: Ideally he'd get the idea that he needs to stop and leave. Worst case he'd realize that he's fucked since he'll get caught either way and he'd continue to beat that guy and/or come after me.

There's a lot of variables that can come into play here, I'm just wondering what the general consensus was. I suppose I should have made note in the first post that you are carrying. I guess I would have to admit that I wouldn't do much but call the police if I wasn't (which is still more than most of those guys that were there did :rolleyes:)

12. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Guess the race. Big surprise, as usual. :rolleyes:

I would've found something really hard to wack him over the head with while simultaneously asking other patrons to help. Fuck that shit, it just makes me furious.

13. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

No the part where the woman gets pissed is on there, but the reason she's pissed is because theres a guy behind her bitching about how she cut in front of him to whoever he's talking to on the phone.

He was waiting in line, she cuts him, he complains to whoever hes talking on the phone to, she calls her boyfriend in, she smacks the guy in the face, spits in the clerks face, boyfriend comes in and sucker punches the guy who was on his phone.

It said the big guy went to jail for 4 years for the attack, but nothing about the girlfriend (though I figured something must have happened since she instigated it, smacked the guy in the face 2 or 3 times, and spit in the clerks face).

14. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

There wasn't really space for anyone to leave as the attacker was basically standing in front of the door. In order to leave you would have had to push the attacker and/or his girlfriend out of your way. I wouldn't want to provoke them any more than they already are, because even if you're trying to mind your own business by leaving...now you're in the middle of an unfair fight that you wanted out of in the first place.

15. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

She got off easy. If it was up to me, vermin like that would get euthanized immediately. Fucking wasted collection of atoms...

16. FiKtIOn

FiKtIOn A bottle of Jack, a case of Pearl, and a pack of c

I would probably pistol whip the shit out of him long before I tried to take him down and kill him.

17. more off

more off Moderator

damn even as another customer i wouldve pulled my gun and forced that guy to stop beating that other dude

18. Gimik

Gimik New Member

If it looks like the guy is going to kill him, I'd try and stop him. I could never stand there and watch someone get beat to death.

19. more off

more off Moderator

saiga12 him to the face :rl:

20. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

ok, I'm thinking out loud here.

so it seems like the attacker is not paying much attention to his surroundings. maybe this is a false assumption. so you tell him to stop immediately, and assuming that doesn't work, what if you were to, stealthfully, get behind him and point blank shoot him in the ass or thigh area and then quickly hop back several yards while still pointing your gun at his chest. if he charges you, you empty your weapon, but hopefully he would stop after taking a round to the leg or knee.

if someone tried something like this how would they be legally.. versus demanding he stop and then shooting him center mass like we're all trained.

please hold the flames, i'm just thinking out loud

21. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

there's a big difference between shooting to "stop" the threat with a well placed shot to the ass/thigh and shooting to STOP the threat in a decisive manner. If the situation allows for you to shoot in that manner, it would seem the situation wouldn't call for deadly force.

You either need to shoot to STOP the threat, or you don't need to shoot.

At least that's my take on the legal side of things.

22. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Not that I'm standing up for the felon, but the following does change how I view the situation. I don't think the guy that got beat up was sucker punched. He was obviously outmatched, but he slammed his phone down and then looked like he was ready to retaliate. It wasn't like he got punched in the back of the head.

If put into that situation, while I'd probably be in the clear later on, I don't think I would draw on the guy. He had his back turned to everyone else. Knowing how I am I would probably try to get a good hit to the back of the guy's head to knock him out, or kick him as hard as possible in the side of the knee. Even if that didn't knock him down on the first hit I'm pretty confident I could take him down with the next one. Since I'm not in the situation I say it's probably best to stay out of it. Instead of asking the lady the wait in line, or point out to her that they're all waiting as well, he decided to complain about it into his phone. It was a shitty situation, but the guy wasn't trying to defuse it.

23. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Bad ideas here.

24. Hooch

Hooch New Member

That darky gave that guy so many opportunities to drop him it was pathetic, it's sad that our society is so hell bent on size that it strickens fear into everyone in a room.

25. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

I have seen shit like this happen so many times...not to this extreme, but the whole cut in line then mouth about it when confronted and shit. My wife gets in altercations like that with women (99.99% of them being black) with that same attitude on a fairly regular basis. The "i'm going to do something i'm not supposed to do here, and when this cracker bitch confronts me i'm gonna go off on her ass" attitude.

The whole deal pisses me off to even watch. Myself i would have taken a chair or something to his fucking head when the first punch was swung...and when he came after me...down him. Would like to shoot that bitch too...but can't see that as justified unless after you shot him she went crazy.