what would you do?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ralph, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ralph

ralph driver her like you stole her

I've been doing combat hapkido for 8 months now but last week i started doing bjj at this awesome gym. They also have mt which is something i would like to get into. The gym seems semi hardcore into mma and has a lot of amateur fighters. I wish i could do all three but times conflict. Should i stick with combat hapkido and just do the bjj? or drop the combat hapkido and do both bjj and mt?

cliffnotes: MT and BJJ OR BJJ and Combat Hapkido

2. TZ

TZ Banned

if i took a martial art I would be doing muay thai, thats just me tho

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I have studied both Muay Thai and Hapkido. I do not have much interest in BJJ, because IMO time is better spent with Muay Thai.

It really depends what you want though. Hapkido is going to be a lot of "learning the principals" of fighting... Even in your more advanced training. It thoroughly teaches you the basics and gives situation variety. Muay Thai on the other hand is much more combat orientated. Not much too it other than the total destruction of your opponent. Hapkido is not really like that.

If I were you, I would try to stay in Hapkido and take Muay Thai... Forget the BJJ. If you cannot do it that way then you need to decide which is more important to you. If want to learn how fight, do the Muay Thai/BJJ. If you want to learn martial arts and the essence of self defense stick with the Hapkido.

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

do what you want to do.

definitely try MT to see how you like it, but if you try it and you'd rather do hapkido and bjj, then go for it.

you gotta do what you want, that's the most important thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.