GUN What would you do? v. parts kit mixup

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by striker754, Oct 4, 2006.

1. striker754

striker754 Chillin

So I saw an ad on a site for a ppsh cut with uncut trunion, 2 drum mags and 2 stick mags. I offered the guy 200 and he took it. I got the kit and no stick mags!

So I email the guy about it and he says he never had any stick mags available with this kit. He claims a mistake on his part, even though we had consistant talks (more than one email) about these stick mags. HOW DO YOU MAKE A MISTAKE MULTIPLE TIMES?

I offered just to have him send me 1 ppsh41 mag to split the difference and be done with it. he refuses.

what would you do?

2. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

Is it a killer deal without the stick mags? If the deal became mediocre because of the mags being left out of the deal then I'd make him take the kit back. Then again it's not really worth $200 to go to court over it :hs:

3. striker754

striker754 Chillin

he said he will take the kit back but i dont want that. i still got a deal, but i want what was advertised and talked about multiple times. besides i need the kit to build a semi for the other parts i have already committed to buy. Its not fair to me if I still have to buy those parts because of his "fuckup".

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

dont you have 4 or 5 kits that you started and never completed? why dont you finish one before you buy another :dunno:

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Anymore I usually try to save a copy of ads online if I buy something. You might check and see if google has it cached if it was on a page their spider. Part 2 is I try to use paypal and credit card so I can dispute the charge with paypal or my cc company. I'd ask for a refund for the value of the 2 mags or he can send a complete refund including shipping and a UPS call tag.

6. striker754

striker754 Chillin

thats not really related, but ya i do. i work on them as i get time. if you want to pay prices for parts kit in the future, be my guest.

7. striker754

striker754 Chillin

i cant send it back. ive done work to it like getting the trunion out and extending the barrel. nor do i want to send it back as i have committed to buying other ppsh related items some of which have to have parts exchange.

8. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Alright so I already bought an M56 kit from him, he was late in shipping it out. Understandable, it happens. So I offered him 200 for the ppsh41 kit advertised with intact trunion, 2 stick mags and 2 drum mags.

Here are the emails, his replies are in bold.

can you go 200 shipped on the 41 kit? also how much for extra drums?

and did you get the m56 kit sent out

I hope you are not completely upset but no, I wasn't able to get your kit shipped today (as well as many other things needing to go out for other folks). I hadn't honestly expected as much stuff to sell in the short period it did and only got about half of the things packed up and ready to ship. I will however, have your kit on the way tomorrow.

On the PPSH41 kit, I guess since I had a delay in your other kit going out, I could do the $200 on it (BTW.. $210 + shipping was a very smoking deal and $200 Shipped would be virtually unheard of with a PPSH kit with intact trunion and two Drum mags & 2 Stick mags.. Looking at what many folks charge, that's about $75-$85 just in magazines!).

Anyway, as I mentioned, I'll do it for $200 shied so, it's yours. If you did want additional Drum mags, I have two more that I'd do for $45 for both, again, a heck of a deal and at or below the price of the much cheaper Suomi Drum mags.. PPSH mags are generally considerably more.

Also, I'm not sure if you would be interested or not but I have a complete, full length 80% receiver for it (not just a "repair" channel as many offer). It would be perfect for a "Dummy" build or even a great place to star on a semi build. I recall, I have about $100 into it, if you wanted it, with the kit, etc, I'd let it go for $70. As well, I have a new, 9mm PPSH Barrel and can go $45 on it (Inter Ordnance charges $150 for the 9mm barrel and 1 mag as I recall).

Anyway, sorry again for the delay getting your other kit out. I'll be sure to put it at the front of the list tomorrow and get it on the way no matter what. If anything other than the kit sounds like something of interest, please LMK and I'll try to get everything gathered up tonight so this kit (and any extras you might want) will be ready to ship with your other one tomorrow.

Hey

Do you happen to have any pps43 mags? I was going to order 2 for 10 bucks each from mg34.com but if you have any you want to sell.

Let me know, I will paypal you the money tonight. I might be interested in that 9mm barrel later

I then sent another email

Hey man

I sent the money for the ppsh kit, 2 drums and mags. If you can send them together that would be great.

If you have 2 pps43 mags you want to get rid of for 10/ea, toss 2 of them in and i will pay you for them

Thanks man

I'm sorry but the only PPS43 mags I had went with the kits I had listed and now sold.

Although I never did look to closely at each, I understand that getting the PPSH41 stick mag to work in the '43 is a very simple conversion. so, considering you will have a couple '41 stick mags in route tomorrow, you might want to check that before buying some.

I'll keep an eye out for your payment. Just so we are both on the same page, was it going to be for just the kit or added drums, 80% receiver, or??

Just sent you an email! No problem on the pps mags.

ill check out the conversion of the mgas.

ppsh41 kit with 2 drums, 2 sticks, uncut trunion and the m56 kit

I'm hope you're not going to blow your top but I haven't had any of the UPS stuff go out yet. I know I mentioned earlier that I thought I should have been able to get it out sooner but in all honesty, I was a little overwhelmed with the amount if packing, etc with the amount of kits and parts that sold this week from my couple listing on the board that I've done just about nothing other than sorting and packing with any spare time I've had trying to get all of this out to everyone.

I'm really sorry for the delay and I'm sure, as I would be, very excited about receiving the new "toys". Other than a few more packages still needing to be finished up, I am finally wrapping up with everything and all the UPS stuff will be heading out Monday.

Again, sorry for the delay and hope you are not too upset with me about it.

Hey Scott,

Did you get the kits out?

Let me know

Sent another email

Hey Scott,

Got the kits today. Look great. Thanks for packing them well. Although the 2 stick mags for the ppsh41 were not in the box with everything else. Can you send those?

Glad everything arrived in good shape.

On the stick mag(s) you mentioned in your email, as I recall the original offer with the PPSH package was for one stick and one Drum magazine (I can't ever recall owning more than 1 PPSH stick mag and quite certain I didn't offer two with the package). Since I was so delayed in sending everything, I upgraded the stick mag to a second drum mag as I understand it. I was trying to find the original text of my listing, either in a saved file format like I normally do and cannot locate it and the original post had been deleted because everything was sold.

If by chance you have a copy of the original text for the listing, I'd appreciate if you can pass it on. As I recall, I would be estimated if I had listed it with 2 stock mags since the whole time I've been collecting kits, I've only had one PPSH stick in my collection. If you would like to work it out that you would rather receive it over a drum mag on the upgrade, that could be possible and would only request that you did send the second drum back in exchange for it.

Please let me know your thoughts on this and again, if you have an original copy of the text with the PPSH listing in it, I'd really appreciate it.

Heres the text from your email

On the PPSH41 kit, I guess since I had a delay in your other kit going out, I could do the $200 on it (BTW.. $210 + shipping was a very smoking deal and $200 Shipped would be virtually unheard of with a PPSH kit with intact trunion and two Drum mags & 2 Stick mags.. Looking at what many folks charge, that's about $75-$85 just in magazines!).

and from the next email:

I'm sorry but the only PPS43 mags I had went with the kits I had listed and now sold.

Although I never did look to closely at each, I understand that getting the PPSH41 stick mag to work in the '43 is a very simple conversion. so, considering you will have a couple '41 stick mags in route tomorrow, you might want to check that before buying some.

Thanks

Thanks for the copy of the text, I still can't believe I didn't save it to file like I have done with others in the past.

After reading what I had listed on the post, you are correct and the only thing I can think of is that I must have had either the Suomi or PPS43 kits in mind when I was writing that. Both of those kits had several stick mags available and the Suomi also had the 71 rd drums. I listed about 10 or so parts kits (as well as sold several others that I offered to folks but were not listed) within an hour or two along with several parts (about 20 or 30 I recall) and between answering a pile of emails coming in and trying to type out the text for the listings, I'd honestly be surprised if it was the only mistake I made (so far, since most everything has been shipped, it's the only one I'm aware of thank God).

As far as rectifying the situation, there really isn't a lot of options on my end for it. Since I mentioned I had only had one stick mag originally and ironically, it was sold with one of the other kits that was not listed (I originally had 2 PPSH41 kits and sold the second to a gentleman who wanted to buy the first that you already bought so offered him the second one with the 80% receiver).

Since I had been pricing everything at less than they could be bought for anywhere and less than I paid for them, if I were to go buy 2 additional mags and pay shipping for them to me and me to you, would frankly, be not very practical since I've already taken a significant loss on each and every kit I sold, including both of the ones you received. Doing so would realistically put my overall gross on a $275-$300 kit/package at about $150 and honestly not something I would be willing to take a loss of that magnitude on. The only real answer to fix the problem is to have you send the '41 kit and drums back to me and I'll offer you a full refund (with the additional cost of returning it). It wouldn't be fair for you to have something that you did not receive everything as advertised and feel strongly that it is the only solution to correct the issue on both ends with not cost to you what so ever.

Please let me know your thoughts and sorry for the screw up on my part. Also, please let me know when you can have the kit shipped back. As soon as I receive it (in the same condition as it was shipped of course), I can either mail you a refund or send it with PayPal since that is how I recall you paid for the things.

Im not sure what to do. I've already started working on the kit and need it to make a semi auto. Maybe we can compromise at 1 stick mag or somethin. mg34.com has them for $9.95

As I had mentioned, as well, being completely honest. I have $240 into the kit alone I sold you. that was with no magazines. I bought each of the drums for $40 each, at this point, doing the quick math, I'm already in the hole and can't invest more since I've basically taken it in the shorts already.

What "work" has been started? I still very much feel that the only way to rectify my mistake is you have you send it back for a refund. I can try to put a prepaid call ticket for it with the UPS account and they can come, pick it up and you would have no shipping, delivering, driving, time loss, etc other than putting everything back into the same box, placing a sticker on it and hand it to the UPS driver when he knocks on your door.

Ive taken the trunion out and extended the barrel. If I send the kit back I will not have a kit to work on to make a semi auto. I don't think thats fair to me,especially when I have already committed to purchase other items related to this gun, thats why I proposed the "middle of the road" option. In the middle of having 0 mags like I do now or 2 mags like was advertised

We did talk about it in 2 emails, even discussing how to convert the ppsh41 stick mag to work in the pps43.

Thanks

I realize that and also had mentions, it was an honest mistake on my part, I had about 30+ things listed and around 100 emails coming in rather quickly from the combination of the Sturm board and the Weaponeer boards.. (just wondering.. have you tried to reply to over 100 emails with folks asking many question and have it go on for over 4 hours.. if so, I think you just might understand.. it's really not "fun" listing things for sale because of the emails involved and basically doing nothing for a complete half day but list and answer emails). I was trying to answer them as quickly as I could and still try and finish listing things. I know it's my mistake and how come I've offered to nullify the transaction because I Screwed Up. I just can't state it any plainer than that.

Along the same lines, I'm already in the hole $100+ on your transaction and yet you are asking me to spend more.. I said before and will again, I'm not going to spend any additional funding on a kit that I've already lost money on and you received a heck of a deal on.. yes it was MY mistake and Yes, I've tried to remove to problem completely. In all honesty, I wrote you back shortly after you said there was a problem. Everything should have Stopped at that point, nothing should have proceeded as you said it has.

At this point, there is Two option since you said you have basically altered to kit into a useless configuration as for as resale. Return it complete or keep it. I cannot spend any additional money on this transaction, can you see that? I guess you don't understand that I've already took a hit of over $100 and yet you want me to spend $10 for a mag, $8 to ship it and another 3 to $5 to ship it to you. Well.. then I'm essentially into this kit yet another $25 and It is not going to happen, I'm sorry but it is not.

LMK what your choice is.. it is the only two I can offer since you have modified the kit even though you knew there was a problem within moments of opening it and I'll end up with a near pile of scrap if returned yet at least this will be put to rest.

He talked about 2 stick mags in 2 emails, had me confirm what the deal was for and had no objections to it.

9. striker754

striker754 Chillin

I just sent him an email

After further email review, I think the only viable option is to have 2 stick mags sent to me. I need the kit and already have worked on it and need it to exchange parts with.

We talked about the 2 stick mags in the email twice. You even asked me to confirm what the deal was for. I did that and you had no objections.

I'll keep an eye out for your payment. Just so we are both on the same page, was it going to be for just the kit or added drums, 80% receiver, or??

My response:

Just sent you an email! No problem on the pps mags.

ill check out the conversion of the mgas.

ppsh41 kit with 2 drums, 2 sticks, uncut trunion and the m56 kit

10. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Looks like this guys word isnt very important to him. If I make a mistake and I gave someone my word, I go to the trouble and my expense to keep it.

Too many people now days dont keep their word. But then again, now days too many people are assholes
    Id keep on his ass about it if I were you. You deserve them if he told you multiple times and then didnt follow through

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

we'll see how it turns out

12. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Good luck. Nice deal but too bad that guy didn't follow through.

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

man he wont budge. you can always tell the quality of a person by how well they keep their word, especially after discussing the related matter three times with a confirmation by the buyer.