GUN what would you do? v.misdirected package

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Aug 7, 2009.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

yesterday i got two boxes from brownells.

one was my order (two vickers mag releases and a mesa side saddle) and the other was four pmags. i know i didn't order them but my name, address, etc was on the shipping label. i opened it up and another guy's name/address/etc was on the invoice.

i know that i could have kept it and brownells would have probably replaced the guy's shit but i'm going to ship it back to him. i already packed it up and put a note in it saying it was incorrectly mailed to me and the wife is going to bring it to the post office today.

well? what would you do?

2. pyite

pyite Member

Send it back like you did. Not sure I believe in karma but I would want someone to do the same for me.

Some will say "screw brownells blah blah they will replace them blah" but I wouldnt feel comfortable screwing an American business that has treated me right.

3. I'd contact brownells first. I figure by the time he gets the mags from you he's probably realized he isn't getting them from brownells, and he's probably contacted them to get more mags. No sense in shipping the mags you have to him. Let brownells decide how they want to handle it.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

good idea. i'll call my wife and have her not mail it (she's on the way to the post office now) and i'll call brownells.

5. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

they are going to send ups to pick it up.

from the way he talked, it sounds like this other guy got his stuff and this was duplicated in error.

if brownells wasn't such a great company to deal with i would have just kept the shit but i've had nothing but great service from them. :o

6. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

A friend had a similar issue with AIM. ordered and cancelled a MOE grip about 7 months ago. fucking thing showed up at his doorstep last week when he was out of town (had a tracking number and he had no clue what it was, hadn't ordered anything).

he called them, they couldnt find anything about the order (even after he gave them the tracking number). The guy said he'd look into it and if they found anything, they'd send him a return shipping slip.

Going to wait another week or 2 and if I don't hear anything, their loss is his gain.

7. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

if it was Brownells though, I'd send it back. but AIM has their head up their asses as of late

8. Stump

Stump Member

For me to compromise my moral standards it'd take a lot more than that!
    Occasionally I get too much back in change at a store, I always tell the cashier. I won't sell my honesty for a few cents or dollars.
    Now if someone were to give me several million too much.....

9. AB13

AB13 New Member

What does it matter, you did the rite thing, that's what you are suppose to do.

(pats you on your back)

10. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:rofl:

word. i know some people who would have kept the shit though, hence the question :o

11. AB13

AB13 New Member

That's the difference between us and them. :)

Some of my regulars came by my store yesterday, and apparently left a $20 dollar bill on my counter. I noticed that the next person in line grab something on my counter and hold it in their hand. I put two and two together and ask if that $20 was theirs, he hesitated, but there was someone else behind him in line that saw him do it. I said, well if you picked that up, that it came from some of my regular customers. He handed it to me, reluctantly, then proceeded to ask me if i would give him a "discount" for the "good deed", or "at the very least" remove $20 from his purchase. I laughed in his face, and said " no I won't, you did what any normal, responsible person SHOULD" do. He chuckled nervously, but I know he was serious. Had I not said anything, he certainly would have kept it.

It irks me that he felt "entitled". The couple called my store later that afternoon and they will pick up their money this morning sometime. (They live in a Condo around my store in Downtown)

12. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

What if it was someone in Cali that received four 30 rnd Pmags?
    BATFE visit?:run:

13. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

what a cocksucker (that guy) :ugh2:

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

What makes him and even bigger cock sucker was that I was selling him two formal shirts at %20 off already. And he had the nerve to ask for "more off". :ugh:

Every time I run into people like him, I really have to thank my parents for not allowing me to end up like that.

Being a good guy means doing the right thing "even when no one is looking".

15. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

unfortunately 90% of our society is like that, which is why this fucking country is in the state of affairs it is now.

16. spdrcr

spdrcr OT Supporter

You did the right thing calling and letting them know. I don't think I would have shipped it back on my own dime but I'd defintely wait for a call tag and send it back out for them.

I actually found an iPod in the locker room at my gym earlier this week and turned it in at the front desk. The guy at the desk was really surprised. I've had an iPod stolen and it fucking sucks. Hopefully this one will make it back into the hands of the person that accidentally forgot it.

17. seismic

seismic New Member

I still remember walking through the mall one day and watching a girl in front of me drop $20. I bent down to pick it up, and started to say "Miss, you--" then off from my side this other girl says "I'll give it to her!" grabs it, and walks off in the other direction.

Obviously she didn't give it to her.

It confused the fuck out of me because it happened so fast. :hs:

18. seismic

seismic New Member

I used to steal when I was a kid. I got a little older and all it took was that realization that it "sucks when it happens to you" to have me make sure to return the things that I find.

19. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

Brownells did that with one of my ordersj they accidentally sent an additional case of 20rd FDE PMAGs to me so I sent them an email and they arranged for a pick up. All I had to do was put the box on the porch the following day.

As a vendor, if I screw up and someone is gracious enough to let me know that I overshipped items, I would do the same and either arrange a pickup at my expense or send a prepaid label.

20. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

I was all set to ship it on my own dime til MG suggested I call brownells. the few dollars wouldn't have bothered me in the grand scheme of things.

21. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

me too :o

22. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

I'm a pretty honest person so I would've returned them.

23. mstad

mstad New Member

Good move, enjoy your karma.

24. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

this