What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BiG_aL, Apr 17, 2008.

1. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

G/F is studying for an exam today (that is she currently writing), just before lunch she got an email about work and when she has to be back here for it in the fall. It's super early, and she's pissed off because no one wants to come back to school that soon.

After lunch, she went back to her room, I went back to mine (currently live in residence). 5-10 minutes later, she comes down crying. Obviously over the whole work thing.
    I didn't really have anything to say, she wasn't talking, but calmed down a bit. Left, and was like "I hate this job, and I hate my mom". So I gave her 10-15 minutes, went up to her room. I was like "just worry about your exams now, you have all next week to deal with this job stuff". She's like "I can't!". I had nothing else to say, and she wasn't talking. So at that point, I grabbed a cookie off her desk, said "good luck with the exam" and left.

What should I have done though?

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

How was the cookie?

3. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

good, my mom made them. chocolate chip.

But seriously, when you have nothing to say, and she won't talk about it, and you both have other things to be doing. would you have done what I did?

4. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Yup, though I might have taken two cookies.

You said it yourself, you had better things to be doing then sitting there with a girl who won't talk and should be studying.

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

One time my gf and I got in a huge argument because she said I was being insensitive to one of her problems. I had nothing else to say, and she wasn't talking. So at that point, I grabbed a cookie off her desk, said "good luck with the exam" and left.

6. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

If I'm stressed or in that so frustrated/upset state and won't talk about things, my man just stays with me and holds me until i feel better.

god i love that man.

7. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

JMEZZ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Oh man, ROFL. wow why did that make me laugh so hard. It's so mean!

8. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

well it's not like i could hold her while she's in a chair, supposed to be studying.

9. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

yeh, well I was getting the impression I was more of an annoyance at the time than anything else

10. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

sigh

You hug her from behind, or you sit next to her, ask her to take a break and then comfort her, or just stay with her until she makes it very clear that she doesn't want you around. 'not talking' is just another way to cry.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Stayed there, let her vent, and comforted her.

But that's the perfect man, so I don't blame you for not knowing....

In other words, when women are upset all they want is for their man to be there, listen and comfort them. Almost always if you try to give logical advice they'll get even more upset. Fucked up? Yes. But it's just how women work :dunno:

If you don't want her to make your life a living hell I would suggest you call her to apologize for being somewhat careless to her....or prepare to feel wrath.

12. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

she's in an exam right now, I expect to see her when she's done. Unless she's actually pissed.

13. teep

teep New Member

he didn't necessarily do anything wrong though. sometimes people really do just need space. i feel like guys are always having to apologize when they did nothing wrong.

not that i'm venting about something that happened to me this morning or anything...

14. sneakmefood

sneakmefood Olé

i wish i had learned this a long time ago. from now on i'm never giving logical advice when a girl/SO is upset. just gonna throw in some hug/cuddle action and be like, "i'm here to listen."

15. Pringles

Pringles New Member

dude your a fucking tool. What she wants to hear is you saying "your right." Don't give it her to easy either so your being a smartass which you sound like. Be paitent and let her vent the whole "situation" out. Just say lame questions like what else? Or why did he do that? Or ya keep doing. THen at the end just say your right.

Also the part you dont realize is that when shes having problems. She has a list of shit thats stressing her out. This is the part you have to be smart on. When shes comes to blaring wtih problems when you be a dick your become a problem. That emotional fact becomes linked with all the other problems. Yet you didnt do shit, but your not being on the same level as work problem school problem. You gotta be careful because women don't think like you. Learn to think like them.

16. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

I knew what the whole situation was. She had been down here, I was laying in bed with her etc.
    She left, and was still pissed, I gave her a cool down period and went up to see her. She opened her door, and said "what do you want?" So from there I knew I was of no use there.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I didn't say he did anything "wrong," and I wasn't there to witness her reaction, I was more saying for the future when a girl is upset she JUST wants to vent. Him getting annoyed and walking out can only bite him in the ass later is all.

:bigthumb: Yep. Now of coure there are women who appreciate advice, but honestly most just want comfort and a ear to listen.

18. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

I know.. I tried to avoid giving advise. for the most part all I said is it'll all work out. and try to focus on your exams for now.. I just leave her room pissed off.. I just left peacefully.

19. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:rly:

Well one time my gf and I got in a huge argument because she said I was being insensitive to one of her problems. I had nothing else to say, and she wasn't talking. So at that point, I bought a box of cookies, placed it on her desk, smashed them, said "good luck with the exam" and left.

20. BiG_aL

BiG_aL New Member

well she came back from her exam in an even worse mood, which I expected. Calmed her down a bit I think/hope.

21. skych

skych New Member

fucking werd. i don't get why guys just walk off because they think we're gonna sit and complain about things with no resolution. sometimes all it takes is a few min of cuddles to calm down and all goes back to normal. don't just walk away

22. frpSpore

frpSpore New Member

You did the right thing. Let her figure it out. The other option is to cuddle with her and then progress to fucking, then leave.

23. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

seriously, what is there to not understand about this very simple concept. we're upset, dont try to convince us what to do, we're not really looking for your advice. all we want is for you to tell us you understand why its so hard for us, hold us, kiss us, wipe our tears away, and then support our decision when we make it. its such a simple system.

24. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

because it's stupid.

:mamoru:

25. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

you're stupid

:mamoru: