What would you do in this situation?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by teep, Jan 4, 2007.

1. teep

teep New Member

In short, I fell hard for my friend's girlfriend. Its not just a little crush and its definately not just "i wanna fuck her". She's the kind of girl you're just happy to be around. The problem is he's a good guy and good to her and I would never betray a friend. The worst part is I'm almost sure if they weren't together she would be with me. So far I've done nothing about it. I act no differently than I normally would when I'm around them.

Would you just wait it out and see what happens? Try and fuck over a friend? Settle for a girl thats sort of like her, but not as good? To be honest I'm leaning towards the settling for a different girl I was just curious to see what everyone else thought.

2. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

Why fuck over a friend just to get what YOU WANT? What does that say about your character. I would just be her friend (and his) like you have. Who knows what will hapen between them.

Im sure youre young. Look around, keep your options open. There are many fish in the sea.

3. teep

teep New Member

Yeahh I could never do that. I was just listing it because it is a possibility. I'm not too young though haha. 20 years old. I guess you're right about keeping options open though. Although it gets hard when you see someone you're really into all the time with one of your friends.

4. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

haha, dude id kill to be 20 again

i know how it is, because i was in the same sitation you are. my best friend was dating a girl i was in love with. they broke up and we dated. it didnt work out and my "friendship" with my friend kind if diminished.

5. Abomb

Abomb New Member

bros before hos you piece of shit

6. teep

teep New Member

way to read

7. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

QFT!

And x11tybillion to be 20 again, only if I could retain what I know now :lol:

8. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

There are other women who you will find just as maddeningly attractive.

However, these women will not be impressed by:
    1) Guys who try to break up other people's relationships that are going well,
    2) Guys who will screw over their friends to get a girl, and
    3) Guys with no friends because their former friends got pissed at them for trying to screw over a friend of theirs.

Maybe just think of it as impression management. Like getting a cool haircut.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

I would never have relations with my friends' SO. If they broke up I still wouldn't go there.

Those women are off limits.

10. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

He's right. If you value your friend, you will not make a move on her. Not even if they break up. Not ever. Don't even think about it.

There are no extenuating circumstances here.

This may be okay if you were talking about a fling, but not a woman he's in love with. That's just wrong, man.

11. teep

teep New Member

He absolutely is right. But everyone seems to be jumping to the conclusion that thats what I'm trying to do when I said "I would never betray a friend" and that "I could never do that". I was just asking what other people would do. And so far it seems I've taken the right choice.

12. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well, from the wording in your post, it kind of sounded like you were considering it. "So far" and "leaning" do not convey an ironclad will :)

ed: Also I think it's time to cue up some Rick Springfield... ahh...

13. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Motherfucking Dot.

14. notsousual

notsousual New Member

If anything WERE to happen with her, it would have to literally be years and years after they broke up...and very iffy even then. I'd just stay the clear and moral path, because in all honesty, you will likely find someone better, and won't feel shitty about yourself forever. And trust me, when you do stuff like that, you feel guilty/shitty every time you ever think about it. Stay strong.

15. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Dude, just listen to me right now, and this will make your life so much easier.

Give up on her, period. If you really need an explanation, let me know. There are so many reasons on so many levels.

16. ass_kicker32

ass_kicker32 New Member

Right, but Its not that easy. There are girls that you just dont forget about. You move on, but you dont forget about. You always wonder "what if".

If he doesnt, he will probably wonder, what if. Or not, nobody knows.

17. armond

armond New Member

u r young, i am 25 and i am young...

leave her be, find someone else... i am sure there are others who are just as fun to be around

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

dude I try to be the harshest member on this forum so my advice /opinion comes very harsh sometimes, try not to take it personally because it was not meant as such. In all seriousness though, if you value this friend push this girl out of your sexual thoughts if at all possible because in the long run you'd rather have your friend then this ho you most likely will not marry.

I almost lost my best friend over a chick and it was a bad time in my life and never again will I let that happen.

19. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Oneitis. Get out there meeting women... you'll find that this one is not as unique as you might think.

20. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah, you're doing good to leave it alone. :bigthumb:

Date some other women, yours will come along soon. :)

21. Ninjarider

Ninjarider New Member

I did it, waited for them to break up and made my move. Dated her for a few months before realizing it was the biggest mistake in my life. Quote of the day is "brothers before hos." Don't do it man... Luckily, my friend forgave me and we moved on but at 20, you're chances of being lifetime buddies with your friend are greater than you marrying this lady. If it's meant to be, they'll break up and you'll meet up with her a few years down the road.

22. FlakBait

FlakBait New Member

qft

23. Martinj

Martinj New Member

24. Ev0lv3

Ev0lv3 New Member

I've done this, quite recently to. I had fallen for my friends girlfriend, because her and I were very close. We even ended up fooling around behind his back for a month before they broke up. It was quite the learning experience, and losing friends over a woman is not worth it. And yes, I'll come forth and say I'm not a very good friend. That's just my opinion.

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I've fucked over two of my friends in my life by doing that.

Those are the two biggest things I regret in my life, and I would never come close to making the same mistake again. Back then, I would justify it by saying "They are assholes and treat her like shit." ---- But in the end, they were AWESOME friends, and i've learned that any girl can make their boyfriend sound bad when they only tell about the bad stuff.

Take it from me....it is NOT worth it.