What would you do in this situation? v.moralhelp

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by miek, Jan 11, 2010.

1. miek

miek New Member

So my girlfriend and I are talking the other day and she tells me "promise you won't tell anybody this, I wasn't supposed to tell anyone" (me and her will share 'secrets' all the time) so I'm ok what's up. One of her friends broke up with some dude a few months ago and started dating one of my friends shortly after, well a few nights ago while my buddy was gone for the holidays she went over to her ex's house and stayed there until 2 in the morning... she claims all they did was watch movies but she's kind of a filthy slut (plus she's been caught before lying about stuff not happening with people when it definitely did) so I'm 90% convinced that something did happen. My girlfriend made me promise not to tell anyone, but damn, I really want to tell my buddy, you don't keep shit like that from people ya know?

I tried reasoning with the gf but she says it's not our issue, and she claims nothing happened so why cause the shitstorm for ourselves for no reason, and claims this isn't a big deal. I said that if I were in his shoes, I would really like to know. What do I do here? She really doesn't want to get pulled into their fight (my gf was the only one that knows about this, so if it gets out the girl will know who it came from, and it'll affect their relationship) but my friend is such a good guy and I really think he should know.

How do I deal with this? :hs: If I tell, I lose my gf's trust. If I don't, I'll feel like a dick.

2. Aquakittie

Aquakittie Active Member

what was teh point of your gf telling you then?? just to be a gossip? Cus if it wasn't to shed some light on a dumb thing her friend did to YOUR friend then I can't see the point in telling you. She had to have some inkling you'd react the way you did....that's lame.

i dunno, I'd probably tell my friend w/o linking my SO. Maybe something like a suggestion to keep his eye on her and the ex or something general. I dunno, that's a shitty situation. Shame of your gf for her part in the secret though. She'd want to know if she were in your buddy's place right?

3. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

drama rama :hsugh:

steer clear imo

4. themolsen

themolsen New Member

Tell your buddy what you've heard, don't name the source, and don't speculate. Just give him the info. That's what I would do.

It might get back around how you found out and your gf might get pissed at you, but I'm sorry, that's not something I would hide from a good friend.

Think of it this way: If she DID cheat on your friend and he finds out later, AND finds out you knew but didn't tell him, you think he'll be pissed? Tough situation :hs:

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

How good a friend is this guy? If he's just a friend, fuck it. Don't get in his shit. If he's a real close friend then you owe it to him to tell him. If your gf doesn't understand that then she's a cunt. No offense.

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

Bros before hos

7. Kev07

Kev07 New Member

yeah depends how much this friend is worth to you

and also, i highly doubt that your gf is the only one that knows, shit like that spreads

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Your girlfriend is a moron. Tell your friend.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

She shares all your "secrets" with her friends, too. Just so you know.