GUN What would you do if put in charge of making all firearms laws?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 13, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lets say somehow you were giving the chance to rewrite all of Americas(or your current home countrys) firearms laws, what would you change?

I'd basically do away with all current laws reverse all bans on any type of weapons and do away with all nfa and import laws, the only current one I think I'd keep is the NICs background check when purchasing from a dealer, as long as your check comes back clear you can buy anything you want, handguns, longarms, full auto, supressors, etc.

Only way you wouldn't be able to own a firearm is if you have had a violant crime conviction in the last 5 years.

I'd pass a law no local govt's have the right to supercede federal and impost any type of bans of there own.

I'd standardize the CCW laws, goto your local PD fill out a form, pay $25 background check while you wait your permit valid for life is issued, only way for it to be denied is if you have prior violent felony convictions.

Much harsher sentencing for those who commit crimes with a firearm.

2. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

That just about covers it.

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I would eliminate them all and increase the penalities for using a firearm during the commission of a crime.

4. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'd vote for ya.

5. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I think that would lead to some better laws in other areas as well and some type of restructuring of our prison "rehabilitation" system.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldn't require classes for regular longarms and handguns but yeah I suppose classes for CCW and select fire/full auto wouldn't be a bad thing, Some of the states that require the ccw classes the mandatory classes are jokes though, I'd have it so you take classes from a private company and issued a certificate

7. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

I like the idea of classes as education is never a bad thing.

I would also get rid of all bans, keep the back ground check but have no waiting periods.

Tougher minimum sentencing for those who use a firearm in to commite a crime.

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

when are you running for office again?

9. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

I'd make a 1 day waiting period mandatory, regardless of licensing.

CCW will be shall issue in all states, though you can not have one (or a gun) if you've been convicted of any violent crime in the past 10 years.

CCW recriprocity across the USA.

Free, mandatory training course once every 5 years to renew your CCW. Only handling/shooting for people who have already taken it, while the full course is required for the CCW.

10. Jake!

Jake! Guest

yep

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

So I'm curious why we should continue to have background checks? Do felons not get guns anyway if they want to use them to commit a crime? Wouldn't just selling them to anyone with money and severely punishing those who use them to commit crimes eliminate the black market? Its my stance on legalizing all drugs, I don't see why it shouldn't be applicable to arms. Isn't having the black market just worse?

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I can see that point of view to for the background checks I was just keeping them as a minor deterrent granted would do much I'd still allow FTF sales with paperwork required. Drugs are a whole nother story but I am in agreement I don't do drugs but I think its BS someone spends more time in prison over a couple pot plants then a rapist or child molestor.

13. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I think I'd lower the age to buy a handgun to 18. Doesn't really make sense that you can own it, buy a rifle that shoots the same thing, but can't buy the actual gun or the ammo.

14. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

I would repeal everything but the NFA, create a federal CCW overseen by the BATF.

15. Artyboy

No

I have mixed feelings about CCL. On one hand I think that we should do away with it and just allow anyone to carry that is legally allowed to own a gun. I do, however, see some problems with this that we'd have to address before we implemented it everywhere.

This isn't the 1800s. We have very powerful computers and the internet. If we had an efficient background check system it would be possible to do a background check on ANYONE almost instantly.

If we make punishment more strict for firearm related crime it will discourage people from commiting crimes with firearms. Also, if anyone can carry a gun then criminals will be less likely to commit crimes when any of their victims could easily have a gun. The problem that I see going on is that most people, including a lot of gun owners, have developed a fear of guns and what everyone else will do with them.

16. Artyboy

I like the 21 yo limit. There are responsible kids out there but for the most part they do stupid things and have a tendancy to let their emotions get the better of them. Adults do, too, but it's not as likely. You really do get more responsible and capable of making better decisions as you get older (most people anyway). Yes I'm getting old. You'll see things from my perspective someday.

17. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I tried to resist but I can't....
    Why is that frightening? What problems has it caused? Many states allow open carry without a license at all, some concealed carry with no license, and others allow concealed carry licenses with few hurdles. To me it sounds like saying "its frightening that just anyone can walk into a gun store and buy a magazine that holds 30 rounds of cop killing hollow points."

Last edited: May 14, 2006
  18. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I'd get rid of every gun control law on the books, and toughen laws for basic crimes (assault, murder, etc etc).

19. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

I pretty much already see things in the same way, I just don't really care for the hypocrisy of it. Just seems kind of weird that an 18 year old can buy a high powered rifle but not a .22 target pistol. Also, the whole owning but not able to buy it thing.:dunno: I only have a year left to go.

20. Accord

Accord New Member

I would remove the "F" from ATF so they would become the AT. Then I would make the NRA a government agency to regulate anything and everything having to do with firearms.

I would then take a combination of some of the best laws from places like Arizona, Florida, and Vermont and make them federal, then I would remove the authority and ability of individual states to impose stricter laws.

21. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

wow, most of you are a bunch of worthless liberals.

1 day waiting period? FUCK THAT

all states to be SHALL ISSUE CCW? EAT SHIT AND DIE.. we shouldnt need a fucking permit to exercise our Constitutional rights..

22. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:ugh: I've never had training, but I can shoot fine, and I'm safe.. fuck you.

criminals dont obey the law. if I'm going to shoot you, I'm not going to first get a fucking CCW permit. :ugh: FUCK YOU

:gtfo:

I'm sure you could die of AIDS.. :x:

23. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

at least someone has some fucking brains..

you cocktards are getting way to used to these bullshit laws

24. Accord

Accord New Member

I said to take the best laws from places like Vermont, Arizona, etc.

In Vermont ANYONE who can legally own a gun can carry concealed, you don't need a CCW.

25. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

:bowdown:

making something illegal doesnt rid the world of it.. just because its illegal for a criminal to get a gun, doesnt mean they wont get one.

and 2% of guns used in crimes are purchased legally.. so you might as well just sell them to anyone that wants one