What would u do First??

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Guest, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

SO my GF got a new 2002 Chevy Silverado LS....what engine mods would u do first.....we are makin the truck fast and nothing else for now

2. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

First is ALWAYS a K&N air filter or cold air.

3. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

have the thorttle body and heads ported and polished then have the computer reflashed to acount for them

basicaly after evey mod your going to have the puter reflashed to get all of the potential out of it so try to do more than one mod ata time to save money or look at getting yoru own programer

4. < DEV >

< DEV > Red Rocket

K&N gen 2 CAI

5. exhaust and intake are a good place to start off with, after that I would look towards pullys, e fan, and chip

6. Phoon30

Phoon30 Guest

what he said

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Alright so she had a ?TSB? or something in her tranny go wrong so its at the dealership getting fixed..

1. after that I am thinkin a K&N FIPK -- Heard it is the best
    2. She doesnt want a new exhaust yet :o so we have to hold off on that
    3. We really want ram air intake but i have yet to find one

8. You could always make your own for a small price, with a little cash flow a trip to local home depot and the automotive store you could make your own for cheap. I made my own "FIPK type" filter, because they don't make one for my truck. For a small sum you should be able to work a ram air style intake if you can find some place to put the induction, check for a route to run it just below the bumper, or depending on how the truck is set up you can put it in the fog lights if it has um'... just my .02..

9. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

What do you drive? How'd you do it? :)

10. I used a cone type k&n filter from a 350 or somethin' (my buddy works at checker auto parts- so he got it for next to nothing for me) I then went to home depot(any hardware type store will work) and picked up some flexable tubbing and a few big ass hose clamps. I pulled out my filter box and tubing all the way up to the TB and replaced it with the fexable tubing i pick up and put the O2 sensor in, placed the filter just behind the head light and that was that.

My truck, a 98 GMC Sonoma 2.2....(my other one is a soon to be V8 S10)

11. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

How bout some pics so I can get a graphical idea of what's to be done with this

12. I'll see what i can do, I am about to get a digi cam soon and ill snap some pictures

13. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

cool, thanks