What would OT do? Problem with the protein i just ordered.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Zoolander, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoolander

Zoolander OT Supporter

I just got a 5lb tub of the ON 100% Whey Gold standard from Bodytech.com and it came in yesterday. I opened it up and the white air seal thing was stuck to the top of the lid and it tastes really weird. I got the Chocolate Mint again and its just really bland and i dont know how else to describe it...and i put probably 2 1/2 scoops in with 12-14oz of milk like usual so it should have a strong taste :dunno:

So what would you guys do? Should it be good still? Should i call them and ask for a new tub? Can protein really go "bad"...or should i just finish this off and hope the next one is sealed?

Cliffs: Bought protein, wasnt airsealed.Tastes weird. Should i keep it or call them and try to get a new tub?

2. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

What's the expiration date?

If it just tastes kinda bland then I'd sack up and just keep it because I'm too lazy to go through the trouble of calling and dealing with customer service and returning the tub.

Oh and I'm not a pussy who cares about taste too much.

3. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

it seems like every time i get it that seal just comes off in the lid, i wouldn't worry about it.

4. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

The white lid always sticks to the cap. If the black shrink wrap outside wasnt tampered with it's fine.

If it taste bad then return it, it's not like your going to need anotherjug in a week. It'll take forever.

5. ACLdestroyer

ACLdestroyer OT Supporter

Bullshit.

Send that shit back.

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Mine are never sealed properly but they don't usually taste bad either. Send it back.

Also, why 2.5 scoops? that's like 70g protein shake with the milk included.

7. spdrcr

spdrcr OT Supporter

Yeah, most of the times I open them the seal comes off with the lid. You can hear it peel off.

I'd just check the expiration date printed on the top of the tub. I just opened new 5lb tubs of Double Rich Chocolate 100% Whey Gold Standard and Chocolate Pro Complex and neither of them taste the same as my last 5 lbs. It's artificial flavoring and I don't think it's going to be consistant. Mine never has been.

8. Zoolander

Zoolander OT Supporter

Yeah im just gunna dri nk it and say fuck it. If the white lid sticks for you guys i guess its not a big deal, i just didnt want old ass stale protein or anything like that. It expires like march of 2010, so if its not a big deal for the white peice of come off im fine with it. Thanks for the input.

9. Cumstang02

Cumstang02 New Member

have they recently changed the ingredients?

10. Zoolander

Zoolander OT Supporter

Should i not take that much? I have asked before and people told me its fine, i figure get a big chunk of my protein in, in one shake :dunno:

11. Zoolander

Zoolander OT Supporter

The first time i got it i got the Choc. Mint, last time i got some other choc. and now this time i got the Choc. Mint again, that could also be why it taste so different.

12. Zoolander

Zoolander OT Supporter

No clue :dunno:

13. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Milk? MILK???

I understand that your supps have not come in yet but never EVER, EVER include milk in your diet. Man I'm pissed off now. Instead get some eggs, cold meat or something but NOT MILK. F**K.

A lot of people are content to do things 90%... I AM NOT! I always strive for perfection and I ask that my clients do too.

14. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

I'm pretty sure I've only have one 5 lb container where it DIDN'T stick to the lid and come off when i took the lid off.

15. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

harden up and drink it

16. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I don't know, it depends on you... If you eat a lot of meals per day you might be better off spreading it out. My shakes are usually 40g of protein including the milk, and I only have one per day with my breakfast usually.... I still manage to get 200+g protein a day (that's not even including anything from grains, soy, or peanut butter, etc).

Unless you're eating bagels and cream cheese for most of your meals you should be getting enough protein to not need a 70g shake.

17. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

OT would drive to this "protein scamer's" house, taking pictures, kill the people, their families, and then make a broly suit out of there flesh, OT would then use the bones as dumbells...

Are you animal?

18. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

their

19. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

better?

20. Zoolander

Zoolander OT Supporter

Well i work nights in a factory so i sleep all day. first break of the night is at 845, usually eat like a half cup or so of cottage cheese, 2nd break 1045 1/2 cup lofat yogurt, lunch at 1210 two grilled chicken breasts, 245 can of tuna, last break like 445 maybe a gronolla bar or a apple. So i eat a few meals, never anything really that big but yeah i dunno. usually its between 2 - 2 1/2 scoops per shake, usually have a shake around 6pm before work and at like 730 when i get home :dunno: any tips there?

21. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

their again :squint:

22. Silmatharien

Silmatharien OT Supporter

wow you hardly eat anything. I work a 12 hour shift.
    For breakfast around 5 a.m. I have a bowl of raisin bran, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, an orange and sometimes a cup of oatmeal. First break at 9 I have a tuna sandwich with spinach and some sort of vegetable (snap peas or green pepper). For lunch at 11:30 I have a chicken breast with potatoes and vegetables. Third break at 2 I have another tuna sandwich with a piece of fruit. At 4:30 I have two boiled eggs. Then I'll get home, go the gym and take a protein shake (24g usually of protein) and some more fruit. Then I go to bed.

And I don't eat that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.