GUN what would have happened in greece if the populace was better armed?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jehan60188, Dec 8, 2008.

1. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7769710.stm

not familiar with gun laws in greece. but if the populace had better access to guns, i think this whole thing would have been avoided, since the cop would know to not get out of line, or else instead of a riot, there would be a small war...

your opinion?

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Read about that yesterday, sounded like the greek gov is selling out the cops involved, they got ambushed and shot one of the fuckers, good shoot.

Dumbass kids get themselves shot by the cops here all the time and nothing happens other then Sharpton or Jessie being outraged.

3. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

4. Stump

Stump Member

They're giving no names or details. I can think of one particular group that seems to love to riot and destroy.

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Teens wouldn't be armed (going by our laws anyway) but business owners would be. None of those fuckers are burning down any business if Greeks were armed.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Everything I read said that he was with a group of kids that were throwing objects at the cops. I'm sure his buddies all said he wasn't doing anything, but I don't think the cops would of just shot someone minding their own business.

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Was researching other contry to shoot a overseas match sometime next year (on the company dime!). In greece the only shooting ranges are on military bases. You cannot pick up your spent brass, when the brass hits the ground it belongs to the goverment. No weapon light, instant felony.

8. From what I've read about this incident, these "protesters" in Greece are nothing more than petulant ingrates.

9. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

wow, not even a light?!
    i know it's a serious offense stateside to have a suppressor (just wondering- besides preventing others from hearing you, what benefits does it have- like, why would a civilian need it except to avoid calling attention to himself? not saying civilians dont need them, just saying i don't know either way...)
    but a light imo would be useful...

10. Stateside, like being in the USA? You can legally possess a suppressor in most states.

11. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

One of the dumb things you over hear at gunshops from people not familiar with gun laws here in US.

There are many more in the following link:
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4029108

12. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

oh well
    don't i feel like a jackass now...