What will hit harder? please read

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Gekido04, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Gekido04

Gekido04 Guest

2. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

i would get neither :)

How about a pair of audioque LW12s? they are like 109each

3. 04

04 Guest

How much space do you have to work with? If you can fit all the Pioneers, they would probably be louder. I can't view the parameters for the Pioneers because the website requires you to login to view the tech information. :hs:

If enclosure size REALLY isnt an issue, I'd reccomend getting 6 of the Pioneers (it would still be cheaper than the RF's) and that would almost certainly be louder, and require less amplifier power to get that loud too. But the box would be HUGE :embd:

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

With the box requirements of those Pioneers you could fit two Adire Tempests. I'd go with a pair of those over the Pioneers for sure. They should easily have more output than the RFs too.

5. Gekido04

Gekido04 Guest

id get an enclosed box for two pioneers and place the other two across from each other in single band pass boxes. yeah i know it will be ghetto

6. cbrakilr

cbrakilr New Member

go with the RF

7. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

For the price of the RFs one could purchase an Adire Audio Brahma 12 or a RE XXX 12 and have more SQ and SPL.

8. Gekido04

Gekido04 Guest

price is an issue! i going to get a sony 1200 watt amp (two). i cant afford these expensive amps

9. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

It always is. You already stated you're considering spending $500 on subwoofers. I think you could do a lot better if you're seriously considering the RFs.

What is your budget limit for both subs and amp?