LGBT What will happen when parents can get 100% test that unborn children is homosexual?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by magi, Oct 17, 2006.

1. magi

magi New Member

Hi.

What will happen when parents can get 100% test that 10-20 days unborn children is homosexual ???

What will happen after 10-15 years of testing?

???

www.gamereality.se

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

It will open up a new can of worms in the abortion debate.

3. 2500

2500 Guest

well if they are good parents, it wouldn't matter. they know their child might be gay when its born, so, if they can't handle that chance, they shouldn't be having kids.

4. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

I think it would be alot easier raising a homosexual child, since I would know what they would be going thru (most likely) in their teens.

5. MapleLeaf

MapleLeaf New Member

The amount of time, energy and $$ I spend trying to recruit males into being a homosexual will go down drastically? :dunno:

6. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

:mamoru:

7. CoCo

They are already heading down this path. The genetic designer baby companies hit the public eye about 6 years ago. As it stands, you can select hair grade, hair color, eye color, sex, height, options for 'heightened metabolism' (thinner child/person), and an option for 'increased levels of testosterone' (which they claim lead to a more 'athletic' child/person).

This is one of the final topics I looked at in college, but I was very interested in what would happen if or when they discover the 'gay gene'...

8. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

I'd care more if they could tell me if my child was going to be a murderer, rapist, child molester or some other kind of truly sick sociopathic individual.

9. illmaceyougood

illmaceyougood New Member

That's impossible. Due to the nature of our bodies, I don't believe anyone is born gay. Maybe some people are more "inclined" to be gay, but you can't say a child will be gay any more than you can say he'll be racist or successful or fat.

10. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

dumb question because it'll never happen.

11. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:rofl:

12. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

:rolleyes:

13. OneLifeOneLove

OneLifeOneLove If You Ain't Outta Control, You Ain't In Control.

those test result are never acurate. it's all about how you raise your kid and whom he or she hangs out with.

14. Diesel Freak

If being gay was determined by socialization, then you could become ungay through will power and determination, the same way people kick a bad habit. And we've all seen how well that works in the Christian "we can turn you straight" groups.

Eventually science will prevail and they will be able to determine where an unborn child will fall on the sexual continuum. It's all a matter of time.

15. CoCo

...damn, he's on to us. :noes:

16. magi

magi New Member

Hahahaaaaaa :greddy:

17. ndnxtc

ndnxtc New Member

I call your :rolleyes: and raise you another. IMHO homosexuality is not innate and contradicts the fundamental laws of nature. But to each his own...

18. Diesel Freak

That's just fine then. We all know about opinions. :noes: Perhaps some actual research will change your humble opinion into an educated conclusion.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  19. 2500

2500 Guest

at least it'll save future gay people the hassle of coming out to their parents, haha.

20. NOVAJock

I agree with you that it contradicts the laws of nature. However, keep in mind, that in the past, we have discovered phenomena that contradict the laws of nature, as we know them / have written them, and, is an attraction to blonde hair, or an attraction to blue eyes, or an attraction to larger women over petite women, contradict laws of nature?

No. Homosexuality may contradict the laws of nature based upon reproduction and the continuation of the species, but it is an attraction - just like being attracted to blonde hair, or brown eyes over blue eyes. It isn't some conscious decision.

Last but not least, who's to say that homosexuality isn't part of Mother Nature's Checks and Balances system to control population overgrowth?

21. NOVAJock

Ok....how do you explain homosexuality in the animal kingdom, as seen in dogs, cats, monkeys, fish....the list goes on and on and on....

22. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

So, do you believe that people are born heterosexual?

23. CoCo

...where are these laws written? Because some would argue that there is a big misunderstanding in the interpretation of such laws. Some would go as far as to argue that homosexuality is in fact nature's way of controlling population. And for ensuring supportive homes for unwanted children.

24. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

...... I am touching this briefly due to.... "Respect".... IMO I think that there is predisposition written into our genetics. This does include our likeliness of addiction and homosexuality and such. Is it completely genetics fault, probably not, but is there a significant basis for it in genetics? I think yes.

(BTW the goes against natures laws... is bunk due to the fact no one can show that these laws are in fact true. It is like saying the rain falls so that grass can grow, and that is an actual example from the original viewpoint of natural laws.)

25. Giant Panther

Giant Panther New Member

I don't think it is very scientific to think that genes can determine sexual preference. That is mainly something developed, considering I didn't decide to be Bi until mid-teens, and on a philosophical basis. You don't just realize you can't like girls, or vice versa. You see many people switch preferences due to bad experiences, does that make them not a "true" homosexual? You don't see guys with Edwards syndrome constantly being gay? There isn't a gene for a personality trait, I think it is ludicrous to say that there is, when sexual preference is obviously something very subjective to the individual.

JMO though.