What way to most accurately find conception date?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kgkern01, Aug 30, 2006.

1. kgkern01

kgkern01 New Member

I would like to know how accurate the ultrasound is for conception date as well as any other possible methods. Using the first day of my girlfriends last period July 2, gives a conception date of July 16, we happened to not use protection that weekend at all, and only a few times since, but always pulling out (which I KNOW is not safe). However yesterday she told me she cheated on me only once and happened to be on July 2. He didnt pull out. So now I'm going to have to go get checked out myself for STD's!!! She is going to the OB thurs though to try and get a more accurate date. I just wanted to find out how much more accurate the ultrasound is over simply going by the last period.

PS - What sucks about the whole situation is that we have known she has been pregnant since the beginning of the month, and at the doctor's computer's calculated date of July 16 (using the 1st day of last period method), she assumed it was mine. However, it also said Week 7 on the screen, which her friend Amy said would be July 5, so she breaks the whole story down for me. We have been together about 1.5 yrs and just this past week the news of pregnancy started moving from shock to almost looking forward to it. Till this of course.

So can the ultrasound or other methods rule down to at least the exact week of conception at this point? Obviously if its mine, I'm going to try to make it work, and if not, we're done. So this is why I REALLY need some peace of mind, whichever way the results go.

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You're going to want to get a paternity test no matter which way it goes. Good luck with the whole situation. :hs:

I would personally trust an ultrasound over anything, but I have found this site to be helpful http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/923526833.html

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: and I THINK you can get prenatal paternity testing done, but you have to wait a couple months before that can happen.

4. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

So if she hadn't gotten pregnant or date was close to when you did fuck her would she have told you? Fuck, you're the biggest idiot ever for believing she's cheated on you only once. I can't believe you want a child with her AT ALL after hearing about that.

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I don't think he's implying he WANTS a child with her, I think he's saying that he would want to make it work if it IS his kid. I'm assuming he's saying that because he doesn't want his kid to grow up knowing a broken relationship from the very beginning.

6. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

and I'm saying if I found out my woman cheated on me, "making it work" would be the last thing on my mind. Sure, I'd want a paternity test to see if it was mine, if it's not she can go and get fucked and if it is and an abortion isn't an option I would still want to be involved with the child. But the relationship is a goner. Trust is important to me and cheating is an absolute lack of trust and honesty.

If you can't trust your girlfriend to keep her bloody legs shut, what else is she doing behind your back...

7. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I think it's admirable that you are willing to make it work. For those who say "Fuck it, just walk away", remember there is potentially another human being involved here that is completely innocent. Does s/he deserve to miss out on having kinks involved because his mother is stupid?

As for paternity, I would go by the ultrasound for now. It's very difficult to know when ovulation occurred, except when you are REALLY REALLY regular. From what I've read, earlier ultrasound measurements are more accurate than later ones. http://www.ob-ultrasound.net/

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I was surprised reading this yesterday and even more surprised when I saw it in one of my pregnancy books today. It said that the earlier the ultrasound, the more accurate it is and that ultrasounds over 32 weeks are not very accurate in predicting due dates etc.

9. kgkern01

kgkern01 New Member

Well I ended up calling her OB doctor's office today, and spoke with someone in the office about the situation. They ended up pulling up her 1st ultrasound info that the hospital gave exactly a week ago. They said based on what was in her file, her menstration date and the ultrasound info, they said she was probably conceived around the 18th (the 15 and 17th are both when we had unprotected sex) and her period probably started on the 3rd. SO based on this info, it would appear that they are mine. However, with her ultrasound tomorrow by the OB doctor, along with the 1st ultrasound info from exactly a week prior, I should be able to find out a pretty accurate time interval for conception. At least within a few days.

Yes, I realize that its not 100% without a DNA test, but if there is 2 weeks seperating her cheating and our weekend of unprotected sex, and the Dr can pinpoint within a few days the conception, I at least have a pretty accurate idea. I'll post tomorrow after she calls, and then I call her Dr to confirm all the info.

10. scholar

scholar New Member

I know you probably already plan on doing this, but get a paternity test done when the kid is born just in case, before you put your name on the birth certificate. The last thing you want to do is spend the next 18 years paying for a kid that isn't yours.

11. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

You're the biggest fucking moron for assuming you know his woman better than he does. Yeah, many guys get suckered by lies. But there are plenty of guys who actually are told the truth by their women.

12. Guardfather

Guardfather The Paradox

It makes sense to me. Cell division is easier to track when there are fewer cells.

Assuming that it has something to do with that.

13. CallSecurityNow

CallSecurityNow OT Supporter

wait...wait..you two only had unprotected sex after the cheating incident? Sounds like she was covering her ass

14. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Nope. Has to do with size. It's all on measurements Kids grow different the bigger they get, but early growth has a smaller margin of error.

15. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Good thing she cheated only once. Oh of course I certainly believe that.

Fuck an impressive alpha male to get good genes, marry a gullible beta male to get a good father. An excellent tactic originally for a selfish woman, before humans developed patternity testing techniques.

16. kgkern01

kgkern01 New Member

No we have had unprotected sex before this, but it was only a few times. Plus we were kinda not together for about a week or two leading up to the week she cheated. I had pissed her off, we got into it real bad, I almost broke it off, then we took some "time off" to try to work it out and make sure of what we wanted. This would have happened right about then. We started to use condom when we got back together what would have been the weekend after the cheating, but it broke (Avanti) and we just kept going.

Trust me, if you seen this guy or knew what a piece of shit he is (and not just saying that because what happened) this would definitely not be the case. He is 33 (I am 25, she is 22), doesnt make much money and not going anywhere with his life. I make over 30k year part time (I know is still not a lot, but is part time!) while still finishing a Computer Info Systems degree in school full time, then working on an MBA in Marketing afterwords Plus I am far from a gullible person, I am more skeptic than anything when it comes to just "taking someone's word" on things like this. I figured she may have cheated when we were "taking a break" I just didn't look into it like I would have if we had been together, because I contemplated the same thing. I just didnt act.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  17. kgkern01

kgkern01 New Member

I spoke to her doctor myself, she confirmed the same thing and was able to pinpoint the conception via ultrasound to within the 15th-18th of July. So they are probably 95% chance they're mine. Also she said due to they're heart rates, they are looking as though they will be boy and girl, but they won't know for sure for a few weeks. Of course, I am still getting a DNA test at the first possible chance to make 100% sure.

The hard part now is going to be trying to make this work. I come from a broken home and I NEVER want my kids to go through that. However, the trust is destroyed and its 100% up to HER and her alone to try to restore that trust. However, I am one to NEVER forget, and if I suspect anything again, now knowing how to read her signs, child support and happy might be better than no support and unhappy. We'll see how it goes.

18. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Is she having twins?

19. Daddy O

Daddy O Active Member

While you are earnestly working on determining who the father is might I also suggest that both of you get tested for STD's? Better to find out early if her little romance didn't leave you with something, uh "extra".

20. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

well, the simple fact that the news about cheating only came out with the possibility that the baby wasn't his pretty much spells it right out.

to her credit, at least she came out and said it now rather than make the dude raise what could be someone else's kid in total ignorance.

21. kgkern01

kgkern01 New Member

Yes, she's having twins. That's another thing the ultrasound confirmed. They have heartbeats of 143 and 160, so it looks like it could be boy and girl, but no way to know for sure for another few weeks.

22. kgkern01

kgkern01 New Member

Yeah I'm going to have to do that as well. :rant: