What wax actually protects the LONGEST/BEST? Shine doesn't matter.

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by disc108, Jul 29, 2003.

1. disc108

disc108 New Member

My car is parked outside 24/7. I just washed, clayed, polished, and put 2 coats of wax on. I don't really care about the shine (it's a silver car with great paint so it already shines), I want something that'll protect the car so I wont have to wax every week.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Collinite makes the most durable carnubas. Pretty much indestructible. Shine and ease of use isn't as good as S100, but you should get 6 months of beading from it. Just do a google search for collinite and you should get to their website.

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

My car is parked outside 24/7 as well. I have no problem with S100, I wax every 3 months. :dunno:

4. disc108

disc108 New Member

#476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax??

5. Scottwax

Yep. I know a few people who use it and get an easy 6 months of beading. Just don't expect the easy on and off process you get with S100 or quite as much shine...but it does have a pretty good gloss to it though.

6. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Collinite - is that the "insulating wax" that I've seen in auto parts stores?

7. Renegade

Renegade New Member

honeslty i think zaino is best protecting

8. Scottwax

Klasse and Final Polish are also pretty good. Regardless of how long Zaino lasts the initial application is just too lengthy for me.

9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Zaino hands down in my opinion. Final Polish is so so. Klasse SG also comes in a close second behind Zaino.

Scott: I can get the first coat of Zaino down in under 30 mins thats still too long for you?

10. Konowl

Konowl New Member

Yeah what's this Zaino takes so long to dry BS? (Saw this post on Autopia too, hey Scottwax hehehehe).

Zaino w/ZFX is expensive. But it goes on fine, maybe one hour for me in between coats. I Zaino'd my car last AUGUST (yes, a year ago), 2 coats, nothing since, and the shine is STILL there along with the beading.

Spend a coupe of hours once a year or an hour once a month. Tough decision.

11. Scottwax

It is the drying time that takes too long. I can apply and remove S100 on most cars in 15 minutes. I know that ZFX stuff is supposed to make drying times faster, doesn't matter to me. I've seen several cars now in person with Zainos and I was completely underwhelmed by the look. Even a died in the wool Zaino-holic who uses it on his black Lightning had to admit that S100 SEC/S100 Paste Wax looked deeper and wetter on his friends identical black Lightning compared to his.

S100 or Carnuba Moose are wipe on, wipe off products. No waiting, no hazing, no drying times at all. I don't care if I have to wax every couple of months. Hell, you Zaino guys are always layering it on your cars, so basically, you are doing the same as me, just with a different product.

If you guys like Zainos, fine, knock yourselves out, but I'm not joining the cult. ;) :wiggle:

12. Bad Mojo

Bad Mojo Guest

I thought we were talking about durability, not ease of use ;)

I've seen Zaino go over 7 months and still bead up myself, as well as shine up great afterwords with just a wash and an application of Z6 detailing spray.

With ZFX the curing time is down to 15-30 minutes depending on the temp, and I've never had a situation where it wasn't ready to come off by the time I got the car coated in it.