LGBT What was your voting experience like?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoCo, Nov 2, 2004.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I AM NOT asking who you voted for, because that makes some people uncomfortable...

But I am curious what your voting experience was? Sooooo??

2. CoCo

I'll go first...

Oh Democracy… How I luv getting up hours early only to be misled as to where the location of my actual ballet is to be cashed, but after my wit placed me back on the right path to cast my vote, although arriving 15 minutes early to my location, I still luv that I can spend 1 hour to vote in a disorganized election process. Not to mention having to give bipartisan information to ignorant voters-my 'peers'-who were about to accept party representatives misinformation as fact, and then base their vote on those 'facts' (did I mention that those party reps where NOT of the political party my peers opted into?). Yes, Democracy is wonderful…

3. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I voted via absentee ballot. It was uneventful.

4. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

I finally switched my voting registration so I don't have to drive an hour north or do an absentee ballot. After leaving the house at 8, I drove up and down the streets near my house looking for the elementary school, which ended up being less than one minute from my house.

Inside the line was incredibly long, which I was very happy about, but I was even happier when they told me that long line was just for 'O-Z' and the 'A-N' was only like 5 people long. All in all, I got to work by 8:30, so not too bad.

5. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Walked 2 blocks to the local public school and voted. Outside, my congressman greeted me, and he remembered who I was. He's a democrat, and he got my vote. Basically, I was the Brooklyn Representative when I was in High School. I would be sent to Albany for lobby purposes, and his wife (who is now dead) was a good family friend, so it's nice to have seen him. He took her place in office.

And I voted Kerry :)

6. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I haven't went, but the polling place is in my old catholic hall/sunday school thing. Going to be kind of weird walking into that place again.

7. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I havent gone yet, but it will be in the same place it has been the last two times I voted, my old elementary school. It makes me feel like I am a giant in a toy house (low ceilings).

Ill post back when I finally do go.

8. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

the voting thingy is at my lil bro's school.. which is like all of 5 minutes away from my house.. i haven't gone yet though.. im at work now.. but boss lady is letting me go early so i can go. and i will vote for John F Kerry

9. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

me too.

10. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

I went, was there for probably a half hour. Spent the little time in the voting booth (mostly Democrat) and then spent about 25 minutes of that half hour talking to my old librarian.

There was this little poll that I was asked to participate in after I voted and was on the way out. The people asking to do the poll were mostly (hot) men but I got the woman instead. I, like Cabana, think that I was being checked out, but it was one of the guys (kinda jock build, dark, nice eyes, the best dressed out of all) and the woman that had me do the poll. :eek3:

11. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

Voted two weeks ago to beat the rush and even then I waited 45 minutes in line. I hope the predictions are right.

12. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Drove an hour south for early voting last Sat. waited 2 hours in line and voted (they had 3 machines for over 3,000 people that day.)

13. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

hahah everyone else in columbus had to wait in line for 3 hours. I got in without a wait at all at 830 in the morning and my friend took 5 minutes.

I think this occurred because
    A) we voted on campus where only college students dorming were voting there
    B) College students aint gonna wake up at 830 in the morning unless they have class
    C) The next class sessions start at 930am. I'm sure they didnt plan on arriving til 9am

So... i got out of a lot of pain and sufferin in having to wait kekeke

14. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

After seeing how you people actually had to inconvenience yourselves to vote, I wish I had bothered to register. I was so damn lazy about it. I went downstairs and they had fricken 5 machines set up in the lobby of my apartment complex literally 30 yards away! And NO LINES!!! :wtc:

I guess on the off chance that I find somebody, have a change of heart and decide I want to get married within the next 4 years, only to find that I can't because that bastard fuck Bush is president, I'll have nobody to blame but myself :hs: Oh well. Go Kerry!

15. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

i got home at 5.. ate.. showered.. went to vote at 5:30.. checked in.. stood in line.. voted for kerry.. the whole thing took like less than 20 minutes.. but bush is still winning.:wtc:

16. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

51% to 48% with 45% of the country reporting. Well, if Bush wins at least we can all blame Cedric. :wiggle:

17. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

^^^ yeah... cuz he did NOT vote due to his personal laziness.. :rolleyes: .. all we need is your vote and kerry would win.. without a doubt..

18. GeekDrew

GeekDrew aka DataDrew

LUCKY.

The precinct voting in my building had a wonderful time. There was a line when the security guard got there at 5:20. The average wait was over 3 hours, for the longest time. To top things off, we had a huge power burst and then blackout sometime last night... which apparently killed all of the mercury vapor lights in the lobby that the voting was held in. So they were working by sunlight (yes, at 5:30 AM). We wound up setting up a few emergency halogen lights on the balcony above the lobby, but it was a bit of a nightmare.

19. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

uugh...well get ready to start blaming me...:wtc:. If I find out tomorrow that my vote would've been worth 3,000,000 ordinary votes, I'm gonna be very pissed. Oh well, I'm gonna go drown my sorrows in Manhunt, Queer Eye and whatever Coronas I got left in the fridge.

20. CoCo

I'm literally sickened. Four more fucking years, to place 'us' decades behind... 4 more republican senate seats with 10 more in the house. All of the anti-gay amendments won. Not to mention, 2 republican-minded judges most likely appointed. Damn minorities confirming stereotypical laziness; African American's had the lowest voter turnout in the last 36 years...

:crying:

21. Raddiux

Raddiux Guest

Was the congressman Anthony Weiner? He used to attend meetings for the environmental club I was in back in JHS :) Damn, that was so long ago.

22. BalkanBabe

BalkanBabe Guest

:rl:

23. CoCo

24. CoCo