SRS What was actually the most harmful...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TaVeRaVe, Jul 27, 2008.

1. TaVeRaVe

TaVeRaVe New Member

I'm clean as of right now, have been for seven days or so, but I often have anxiety attacks/times when I feel stoned for no reason. Kind of cartoony, etc.

It's weird how what some people consider the "weakest", or "least harmful", seems to have had the greatest after effects on me.

Maybe it's because I hate the feeling of being "High, Etc.", but I have some kinds of flashback every few hours, and it's really unusual.

Thoughts?

2. danceswdevils

danceswdevils New Member

It's entirely possible that you are simply hyperventilating (as in anxiety attack) without realizing it, and that creates a feeling of being "high". It can be massively uncomfortable and very scary if it progresses to a full blown "panic attack". This is not uncommon among users. Sometimes it's just a simple matter of learning to control your breathing, and learning to breathe deeply and slowly.

You need to be talking to your sponsor about this, and get to a meeting and describe what you're going through to others in real life. It's really impossible to do that effectively online.

3. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

It doesn't seem weird to me at all. People will minimize harmful effects in order to justify it's continued use. That's very common, IMO.

4. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

Dude, when I was overeating I would puke out half of what I ate and shit blood constantly. I would get up in the middle of the night, puke 3 or 4 times, and go back to sleep- every night for almost 2 years. I would get the most MASSIVE stomach aches - like my stomach was being ripped out by a fucking wolverine, and then 10 minutes later I would eat some more, and more, and more. I still can not believe I would get sugar highs and get off on it. I would minimize it, and never admit it. I would force myself to wear pants 2 sizes too small and say that the pain was just "a little", and that it was normal. I would go to buffets and eat until I puked in front of my friends, or run off and puke in a bathroom.

What I recommend to you is to not minimize it - you are FEELING SOMETHING, and you need to take care of it or it will possibly be an excuse to use again.

Fuck - people do shit and then try to minimize it as much as possible. This is why I get pissed when people say "Oh, you can't have a food addiction, that's not drugs". Even now, I can not believe I was doing that shit to myself, and I feel like SHIT that I even wrote this on a forum, but everything I wrote is true, even if I do not want to admit it.

Now that you are feelings things, I think it is time to deal with them, that's my opinion.

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Well I for one am glad you wrote that shit. I don't know much about OA but what your describing sure sounds like addictive behavior.

And don't worry, we still get people in here that think alcoholism is all in our heads or whatever. It sounds like you found help in OA.....I hope you have gotten back to meetings.

/threadHiJack

6. TucsonTerror

TucsonTerror OT Supporter

:werd:

It's that double life and hiding that really finally made me see the light when I was finally challenged, albeit too late, to get real with myself and start on the path to getting well. I'd been there and thought the same and felt the same but never felt accountable to anyone/anything else as to me, I was just hurting myself but it's now painfully obvious that wasn't the case.

If you're feeling it, it's real and you need to deal with it before it's too late
    and you figure that if you're going to have the flashbacks and feelings that you might as well get high on whatever your drug of choice is.

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

welcome to the wonderful world of withdrawals. could last you months.

8. TaVeRaVe

TaVeRaVe New Member

OH SHIT