What video camcorder to get???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 01Mcoupe3.2, May 1, 2002.

1. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

It has come to my attention that I want...no scratch that...that I must have a video camera....just one minor problem. I know nothing about them. I'm into car stereos...not camera equipment.

I will be using this camera mainly for an all time, all purpose thing. I have no real need to take pictures with it, but I would prefer it to be digital so I could hook it straight up to my computer, but my TV as well. I've noticed that they come pretty standard now, but I would like the screen on the side as well.

If anyone here is a Corder guru, your suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated...as well as pricing....I would like to spend no more than $700....800 max. :ugh2:

2. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

any ideas what resolution youd like from the camcorder stills? also, and more importantly ..how important size is to you?

3. Laser Red

Laser Red Guest

check out the canon ZR series

4. 01Mcoupe3.2

01Mcoupe3.2 OT Supporter

resolution.....uhhh yeah

Size does matter only a little bit. I dont want a huge one, but I'm not shopping for a tiny one....just something handheld.

5. tekknikal

tekknikal Nothing's ever been better than that

Hehe sorry to bring a technical term.
    Umm.. I agree with Laser Red then, check out the Canon ZR series. You can see them (and all the Canons) at:
    http://www.canondv.com
    They're very nicely sized and are good on features for their price range. If youre not avid into video they should be adequate. My suggestion is to check the prices of them with http://www.pricegrabber.com or a similar service.
    And Ill suggest right now, that you buy an extra battery (a must imo) and a couple tapes.