What types of people in the gym piss you off the most?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by hootpie, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hootpie

hootpie New Member

The ones that get to me the most are the ones who do strange "exercises" and grunt the whole time. I had some older guy (~40) stand between me and the mirror (thanks asshole, I wasn't trying to watch my form or anything) rocking 45lb DB's from left to right in his hands...it looked like he was trying to swing them up for curls. He did this for 6 reps, grunting the whole time, then as he put them down he was like "ohhhhhhhh man..." and smiled at me :ugh:

Grunters/yellers also get to me in general. I constantly push myself in the gym, yet you'd be hardpressed to find me grunting/yelling. If anything, I exhale loudly towards the end of my set, but that's about it. Granted, if they're lifting a lot, I don't mind.

2. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

I see nothing wrong with yelling or grunting. Hell, I do it if I'm going heavy. I don't like the skinny fucks wearing skin tight under armor as if they have something to show off, and I hate the people who go out of their way to show off the one portion of their body thats built well (like this chump at my gym who loves to show off his arms, even though the rest of his body is lagged behind mine).

3. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I guess you'd have to work out at my gym to feel me on the yellers/grunters. It's usually guys who are doing skullcrushers/curls with not too much weight.

My gym also has a lot of small guys in tight shirts. I actually laughed when I saw a 5'8" white kid that weighed probably 130 come in with a wife beater on. He was throwing his body into 25lb DB curls and practically screaming :rofl:

4. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

i saw some dude doing reverse delt flies on the machine with 20 pounds on it
    and every rep the mother fucker would grunt like a fucking ape having an orgasm, it got so bad that I had to go to the locker room and wait it out

5. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

a well-built guy kept singing outloud in a girly voice while i was in the middle of a set of dips and nearly fell off the bars from :mamoru:ing

unfortunately he was bigger than me, so i couldn't say anything about it :o

6. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

My training partner is 5'10'' 133 lbs, and frequently wears sleeveless shirts. He thinks hes the shit b/c training with me hes actually seeing progress, and walks around with a swagger that makes me shake my head.

7. Liddy

Liddy Not enough cowbell.

Guys who stare at girls who are trying to work out without being visually harassed.

:dunno:

8. TXLBS

TXLBS New Member

Getting looked at, looking around is part of the gym. Well atleast commercial/university gyms.

9. Liddy

I said stare not look.

10. Devil

my gym has a section for women only if they choose not to workout in the main rooms, as well as womens only aerobics rooms :coolugh:

11. Liddy

Sometimes I get annoyed enough that I poke my tongue out. :hs:

12. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

CURLING IN THE SQUAT RACK

Also the only time I grunt is when I'm doing heavy weight with deadlifts and squats. I hate doing it but for some crazy reason it helps with those last few reps.....I always wondered why.

13. Liddy

The ladies section of my gym doesn't have free weights. Go figure.

14. Devil

ours either :mamoru:

but the only women who use free weights are the really broly/scary looking ones anyway

15. Devil

oh, and just to say

i curl in the power racks :)

16. Liddy

:rofl:
    I'm not scary looking enough to make an impact (I still have my boobs and haven't made enough progress to look all that different). And I'm scared of one of them going all steriod rage on my little ass. :hs:

17. Mojo

Mojo New Member

the same old ass hippy that turns off the tv's and kicks the dumbbells off the floor level and lets them roll at the other side of the gym (where the powerrack is and people walk over) so he can just grab the 15lb-30lb db's thats on the top of the rack instead of leaning a little bit over more to grab them. i hate that sob and he does it all the time /endrant

grunting on deadlifts/squats = ok. grunting while curling = :roflwtf:

18. darkostoj

I like it when chicks stare at me in the gym :wiggle:

19. darkostoj

oh and another thing I hate is when dipshits try to "correct" something your doing

20. Spyde|2

Spyde|2 New Member

the commercial gym i goto with dudes that walk pass a bench and rep 135x12 for one set and go "YEAH!" *high 5s*

21. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

im with you on the yelling part. A grunt or a loud exhale I can understand, but there are people in my gym that will literally scream and yell so loud you can hear them from wherever you are in the gym(locker room, pool, spinning room, dance room, kids room, whatever). Sure some of them are doing some heavy weight but I guess I just don't get it yet.

There is also a really skinny arabian kid that comes in there that thinks he's hard and wears his normal clothes to the gym and sags down to his knees with xxxxxxxxl shirts on and spikes his hair like a guido. Then he stands in front of the mirror with a 15lb dumbbell does 3xInfinty curls while flexing in between sets. This guys biceps are smaller than my wrist. Then he'll strut off bouncing his fucking basketball trying to do spin moves and between the leg shit. Walks into the basketball court and watches them play basketball while being one of the guys that practices shooting/dribbling(while still trying to maintain his bad-ass-ness) when the play is at the other end of the court. /endrant

22. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I hate the people that sit there for a half hour and fill their water bottles at the water fountain while I wait.

The people who leave weights for other's to take off.

The big mouth who comes in and does a set of Bi's, sit's there and watches everyone else and then makes comments once we are done. He hits on the underage girls (he's 40). He completes his three sets of bi's which take an hour, goes in the locker room and then goes next door to the bar. He once told me I had too much weight on the machine, and once I did my 10 reps he was amazed and asked if I bench 400lbs. :rofl:

My workout partner who feels the need to talk to every person in the gym when we work out.

The old man who thinks walking around in the locker room naked is cool.

23. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

:madfawk:

i hate those fuckers.

whats up with that shit :mad:

24. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

:werd: It's every day, and the exact same three people. This guys locker is above me, he's standing naked for about 10 minutes and I had to get to my locker which was right under his private parts. :mamoru:

I waited til the guy moved which took 5 minutes. My workout partner walks in right when this guy was bending over and get's a shot of an 80 year old brown eye and balls that practically reached his ankles. He's now traumatized and avoids the locker room. I try and avoid the benches in the gym too b/c those old men sit naked on them.:eek4:

25. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

The asshole who decided to run into my right arm when I was doing flys the other day. Caused my arm to go in a wrong way with a 55 lb db. I just dropped the weight and how I missed his foot is beyond me. Plus he did not even apologize.

Hate resolutioners. Oh yeah and the high schoolers who are benching 85 lbs and struggling everyway from Sunday. I am all for we have to start somewhere but walking in doing bench for an hour and leaving is not going to do anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.