LGBT What to wear to court?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ecko, May 24, 2004.

1. Ecko

Ecko SeaTownMafia

I posted this in Offtopic, but I figured I would get more constructive suggestions here.

I have court this friday for 2 MIP's that I got a month ago. I'm gonna go buy some new stuff to wear to court this week, any suggestions?

I'm thinking black slacks, white dress shirt, but what color of tie should I get?

Also I need a cheap, nice looking pair of dress shoes.

Thanks for the help. :wavey:

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

To begin with, you first need a quality necktie made of 100% pure silk to impress anyone. Heterosexual males are generally expected to wear a plain colored, non-distracting tie with suits or plain slacks, e.g. in a dark colors—dark reds, dark blues, or black—although queers have demonstrated the power of powerfully colored tie (a simply brilliant completion of a great ensemble). Also, be mindful of your height; you wouldn’t wanna have to deal with the dreaded mini-tie…

However, simply buying the most expensive tie you can find in town wont just leave that impression you are looking for. People judge your capabilities by how you look. A crooked tie projects a sloppy look and says the same about your skills and abilities. Therefore, its important to focus on the tie knot as well, as well as the possibility of accessorizing...

Seriously consider buying tie accessories. Necktie accessories come in the form of tie bars, clips, tacks and chains. Their main purpose is to hold your tie in place at all times and prevent it from getting in your way when you eat, work or play.

I always tell people to use the accessories when going on an interview or to court, because without one, your tie would move around as you get up/sit down, when you greet whomever, or when you shift in your seat. Subconsciously, you would normally reach down to adjust your tie and straighten it out, right?? Well, those little motions would make you look even more nervous than you may already be…

3. Ecko

Ecko SeaTownMafia

Thanks, thats some great info :cool:

4. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I try...
    :wavey: