What to use on the new car

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by perry, Sep 3, 2007.

1. perry

perry burp

:wavey: So I picked up a 2008 Mazda 3 Sedan on Friday. Crystal Pearl White Mica is the official name of the color of it. All the cars on the lot had some paint (and interior) protection crap applied but at least I was able to get away from paying for it. The sticker said "The Protector" and the salesman said they had $189 in it ($2 for the stuff, $187 for the warranty, no doubt).

Of course, their "detailer" applied WAAAAY too much tire dressing and I spent a good 30 minutes cleaning that crap off the body of the car with some Spray n Wipe. Shoulda told em not to detail it, oh well.

Here's the car in its carport:
    [​IMG]

And this is the pearl flake:
    [​IMG]

That'll probably be my favorite part of the car. I know to clay the car, etc., but, I'm wondering what yous guy would recommend to really make that pearl pop. I switched between EX-P and the Autoglym twins on my previous car and was happy with them. Thought EX-P did a nice job at making the metallic flake pop and Autoglym just looked nice. But, I've not bought anything for a couple years now and I know there's gotta be a new current hotness or maybe an old fave that'll do good with the pearl?. Whatta ya say?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'd polish it with Optimum Poli-Seal then a couple coats (about 30 minutes apart) of Optimum Opti-Seal.

3. perry

perry burp

Maybe a finishing pad on the PC w/ the Poli-Seal (time to read up more on this one!)? You reckon the Poli-Seal would remove whatever paint protection crap the dealer put on? :x:

4. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

The Poli Seal has cleaners so it will remove whatever is on the paint now. If that paint is in good shape (no swirls) you can use the Poli Seal with a finishing pad. If you need some paint correction use a polishing or light cutting pad. As Scott recommended, Opti-Seal will really make your paint pop!

5. perry

perry burp

:coold: If Scottwax recommends it, I'll trust it. I think half my collection comes from stuff he has talked about and I've been happy with em all. And Optimum seems to make good stuff based on my experience with the No Rinse and Polish. How's their tire shine? I like the way Poorboy's Bold N Bright looks, is it comparable?

6. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

The Optimum Tire Shine dries to a clean matte finish. The Poorboy's BNB is a little more glossier.

BTW-where are you located in Indiana?

7. perry

perry burp

Fishers, NE suburb of Indy.

Oh, you're close. I'll probably order some stuff tonight or in the morning.

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

i did a vanilla moose/carnoauba moose combo on a pearl lincoln the other day that looked incredible. i haven't tried OS yet so i can't comment on the OPT combo, but I have used OP and OPS and both are great products.

9. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

VM or RMG with CMW is damn good on all colors. Usually my go to on solid black or red.