What to use on a 6-yr old black car?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Sean37, Aug 19, 2003.

1. Sean37

Sean37 New Member

I have tried Zaino and I have to say I couldn't really tell any visual difference from the Meguiars products I've been using. Zaino does last longer though. But applying Zaino just takes way too long so I think I'm done with it.

I've been using only Meguiars products on my car lately - specifically the #26 High-tech yellow wax, #7 show car polish, and #9 swirl remover polish. I think my car has a great shine, but I would like it to have a deeper black color when it's in the sun. At certain angles it will look kinda yellowish, especially on the bumpers which were just repainted about 6 months ago so it shouldn't be fading yet. So what products will enhance the color of my car and give it a deep black wet look?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Try using either S100 Paste Wax or Clearkote's Carnuba Moose Wax instead of #26 and I think you will get the shine you want.

You can get S100 at most Harley Davidson dealers and Clearkote products at www.clearkote.net

3. Sean37

Sean37 New Member

Okay I'll order some S100 then. What should I do for prep before putting on the S100? I've got some light scratches and swirls but nothing too serious. I already have the 3M swirl mark remover #39009 and Meguiars #9 swirl remover 2.0 but neither one really works that well for me. Do I need to be using a buffer to use these products effectively? I've always done everything by hand because I've never used a buffer before and I don't want to mess up and damage my car. I've also got some bath towels for application and microfiber for removal.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I have no idea what specifically you need to use first since I can't see your paint in person.

You may need something stronger than what you are using first. You should find what you need in the product list.

A buffer will speed things up and if you go with a Porter Cable which is a heavy duty random orbital, you shouldn't get any swirls or burnt paint.