What to get...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Dark-Hawk, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Dark-Hawk

Dark-Hawk New Member

Well I'm selling my 1990 240SX SE, and am trying to decide what to get. I've thought about going the 3000GT VR4 route since my buddy is selling his for around 7000-7500 this summer, I'll be able to talk thim to 7K flat though maybe a little lower. Also thinking of maybe getting a 2.5RS and saving up some cash and doing a WRX engine swap, but bang for the buck, and price of the 2.5RS' is a little bit expensive for how slow they are, and my other thought was to get a 1GB AWD DSM, I'd get a 2G but the thought of crankwalk just scares me a little too much.. What do you guys think though, VR4, 2.5RS, or DSM, or if you have any other cars within 5-7 grand range let me know.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2004
  2. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

DSM - very easy and cheap to mod and is most reliable of 3 too.

Why dont you SR that S13? SR powered S13 = Drift, Drag, Topspeed, Corners and very reliable. cheap 2

3. Dark-Hawk

Dark-Hawk New Member

I'd rather Turbo the KA, better than the SR20, and for me it'd be MUCH cheaper to Turbo, than to do the SR20 swap.

DSM is more reliable than the Subaru? Gonna have to say it's definetly not more reliable than the 3/S though. Think that appeals to the DSM for me is that it's very cheap to mod, bang for the buck it's awesome, just the 7 bolt scares the hell out of me, and the 6 bolt is kind of unreliable, and usualy has been beat on rather bad. I'm also not sure if a DSM would be great to have when I go off to college in a bit over a year.. But yeah I just dunno what to get.

4. The Mang

The Mang Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.

Swap a 1jz into a MKIII supra. :cool: