SRS What to do...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twenty, Aug 11, 2008.

1. twenty

twenty resident nerd

Hey guys, I have quite the situation hoping some of you can give me some assistance/guidance as to what I should do.

I met this girl probably just a little over a month ago through a casual friend, we decided to meet up one night at Earls and have a drink...we seemed to get along really well right off the bat, it was almost strange how well.

Time goes on and we seem to be hanging out more and more, really enjoying each others company. I find out that she has an "ex" per say that she was just seeing prior, all I know is that he hurt her and at the time she was insistent of not getting back together with him, just to be friends.

Over the last little while I've developed feelings for this girl like no over, it would just seem like the right thing to do to date this girl, right? Wrong. Apparently she just wants to be friends with me, upon recently I've learned that I'm one of her best friends, "almost like a brother" so I am told.

She talks about this other guy, sometimes the story is they are just going to be friends, and sometimes she doesn't know what is going on...which really throughs my hopes and dreams right down into the toilet.

She always tells me how much of an amazing guy I am and how she loves spending time with me. Which just makes me think that maybe we could get into something a little more serious?

I've never really felt this way before towards a girl, and this would have been the first serious relationship that I have been in...part of me feels like I just can't let her go because she is such an amazing person and we get a long so well, but the other half of me is just saying walk away it's not worth the trouble. Lately I've been feeling absolutely sick to my stomach and wanting to through up, but I don't really feel sick at all...I hope this is not because of the whole situation.

I need your help OT, what do you think I should do?

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You are friendzoned.

Read: "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Robert Glover to understand what that means and how to get over it.

3. twenty

twenty resident nerd

Thanks Viper.

In the short term, do you think it's a good idea to just walk away all together?

I told her three days ago that I needed to stop spending so much time with her for the fact that I knew this wasn't going anywhere. It wasn't long before I was having text messages on my phone saying "I miss you", "I don't want it to be like this", "I want things back to how they used to be".

Ya, I want lots of things. Most importantly, I want more and you don't.

Am I right?

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

She misses your attention.

You will be SO MUCH BETTER OFF if you cut all contact with her for a while. Make a decision to not talk to her for at least a month. After that you can decide if you want to contact her again or not.

5. twenty

twenty resident nerd

Thanks again, much appreciated.

I read the first few pages of that book on Amazon, and all I have to say is wow. It should be arriving shortly :)