SRS what to do?????

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by soulcatcher, Dec 21, 2005.

1. soulcatcher

soulcatcher New Member

I am currently going thru a divorce. The courts had ordered my soon to be ex to make my condo payments since i was not living there and she moved out in September so i took back the payments. I went online to this website and thought that i had deleted her account number along with her and my old joint account and added my own personal account to make payments. On 11/31/05, i made a payment by phone at about 10:30pm b/c i was leaving the gym and realized that i needed to make my payment. I listened to the account number listed twice and at the time, was sure that it was mine so i confirmed the payment and didn't think twice about it. i received a confirmation number along with a letter in the mail a few days later confirming the payment. On 12-15-05, i checked my account and noticed that i was never billed for the mortage payment so i sent an email to you(flagstar) and was told that you received the payment and that i should check with my bank to see why i was never billed. i have not had time since receving that email and just figured that my bank was slow. well, 2 days ago, my "wife" told me that i was going to be charged with a felony fraud charge but wouldn't tell me why. Then yesterday while at work, she calls me and tells me that her account was charged instead of mine and this caused her late fees, bounced checks and all kinds of problems. i apologized to her and informed her what had happened and now i'm trying to take care of this situation. I called her bank this morning and spoke with a manager to see how much money i needed to pay to cover the charges that were occurred so i can take care of this. They would not release this information to me and stated that i would need to get this from my "wife" and that i should contact the mortage company b/c they would be the ones pressing the fraud charges even though i was told by my "wife" that the bank was pressing charges. So, basically, i'm confused and not sure what i need to do from this point. i have left her a voicemail letting her know that i need her to get me the information on how much money i owe her but i was told that i needed to contact you by the bank manager. It was a honest mistake and i had no idea it charged her account and i just thought that my bank was slow especially b/c of the holiday season. i wasn't sure. if i would have known that it was her account being charged instead of mine, i would have corrected this as soon as it had happened but i just found out about it yesterday. i'm sorry for the inconvenience of this and the problems this has caused. Are you able to offer me any insight to what i need to do regarding this or any information?? Thank you

this is what i sent to my mortage company and they replied that i should just pay her the money back for the mortage and they don't see any reason why they would be pressing charges b/c it was a mistake.

so i've called and left my ex a voicemail stating that i need to know how much i owe and who i can give the money to to take care of this problem.

my lawyer told me that i will have to pay all fines from this or i may go to jail.

where do i start to clear this crap? she told me that a report has been filed by her and by the bank. all in all, this really sucks b/c i'm trying to become a cop and now this is out there with something i never meant to do and her bank won't give me any info and she is slow to tell me anything so i feel like i'm stuck b/t a rock and a hard place. all she has to do then is just dick around and i get served with papers saying i have to go to court.
    i even emailed the fraud department at her bank and am waiting to hear back so i can see what's going on.

2. johan

johan Active Member

In legal matters you should take the advice that's been offered to you by your lawyer.

After you get your legal and financial issues straightened out (by following the plan already set forth by your legal counsel) then come back here and we can talk over your domestic situation.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think also that you have to realise that your 'position' has changed. From a normal life you are now in a legal mess with the court system, and as a want to be cop you must realise that 'anything will be used against you' , that's why you need to put all the personal/financial issues including this 'fluke' you made into the hands of your lawyer,and try to come to a settlement with your ex-wife as soon as possible so you can leave this mess behind you, and get everything settled.