SRS what to do..

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by robz, Sep 14, 2005.

1. robz

robz OT Supporter

Okay well im 21 years old, and for about 2 years or so now, I been semi depressed. I honestly don’t know why, but i just keep pushing friends away and away from me. Also for about a year now, well I started to sorta resort to cutting my wrist here and there when times get real bad to let the pain out. I don’t consider that a big deal, but well I was talking to my ex, and she claims that I really need to get some help to stop. I think that it was cause of that why we really broke up, cuase everything was okay, but when she moved away from college, i started to get the lonely feeling and then i just started to get blah and started to push her away.

So i know i really need to probably get some help, and talk to a phyc or something, but im just really scared to tell the parents. I really think its going to kill my mom.. but i don’t know what to do..

..suggestions on how to talk to my mom or parents.. or should I just let it be and give it time and hope that like the blahness goes away, cuase it does.. its like comes and goes..

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

There is nothing in life that brings you happyness exept love. Remember that, if you are a helping and loving person then you bring happyness upon yourself. Next to that imagine yourself being locked in a room and you want to get out, what helps better cutting yourself or a key to get out? You need to divert your energy into solving problems, which will unlock the door and lets you leave the problems behind you.

Just goto the psychiatrist and if your parents find out, just tell them the story. There's no reason why you should hide it for them, if they love you they will support you, they most likely will and if there is critisism shake your head and say to them that its not going good with you, that you feel awfull and that you feel ashamed to talk about them openly to your parents because of the critisism that you would receive. There it might be nasty but the bullet is thru the church and then they will know about it, and your healing process may start.

Moreover if you are unhappy it means you are doing things that make you unhappy. Your lifestyle is void of love. You need to fill your life with love, and help other people and as well start loving yourself but moreover also should start doing things that you enjoy to do. I myself suffered from severe depression but i had a friend who seemingly was 'always' happy and at one day i couldn't bear anymore and ask him ' how , how on earth can you be happy all the time?' in which he responded because i fill my week with things that i enjoy to do. If i find a thing that i really like to do, i'll do it and repeat it next week. If i find another thing that i enjoy to do i'll do it and repeat it next week. And i'll keep on doing so until my week is entirelly filled with things that i love to do each week. This is so true, i thougth to myself. For how could you be happy when you do things you despise to do making you constantly unhappy. Of course these things should be constructive and loving , but its essencial that you change your lifestyle and your look on life. Sometimes when you are in complete darkness the only thing you have to do is to look up to see the light. :wavey:

3. lilcheen

lilcheen New Member

Similar to what Dark said, When your in a hole, sometimes the only way to go is up. Back in highschool there was a time where I felt I needed to see someone. What stopped me was how afraid I was to tell my parents. They are good parents but very demanding and very high expectations. My parents love me, but there would of been some dissapointment and I didn't want to bring them that ( It was bad enough I was not doing well in school at the time) So I talked to some friends about what I should do, and they all lent a helping hand. I didnt have a poor lifestyle but I constantly in the back of my head, was pushing my friends away. "They just wouldn't understand" is what i kept repeating to myself everytime I thought about telling them about my problems. And I'd choose to not see them at times to hang out.

So anyways, you need friendship and love back into your life. Not love from your ex or anything, just people who care about you. Talk to your mom, talk to your friends, talk to a professional. Let it out, then develop a way to take your energy and "cut yourself" a key" . There is no better feeling in the world than to let go of depression (or semi depression)

Dont just let it sit! Do SOMETHING about it.. ANYTHING. I assure you that if you put GOOD, solid, effort into bettering yourself from the "blahness" you'll create someting for yourself to begin feeling better. Get out--you'll meet people, play sports -- youll meet people and learn about teamwork, shoot pool - you'll learn to relax, go work out - you'll feel good about your self and healty, find new and different things to do--maybe you'll find a new hobby or talent-- whats the worst that can happen, you dont like it and you move on.Quick story, My passion and talent for photography stemmed from a day months after she broke up with me after 3 years where I just randomly got up and went out to take pictures. It was very calming. I found ways to -this sounds really emo and cheesy but I can only be honest-- I found ways to take my sadness and put it into my pictures. ... What Darketernal and I are trying to say is find things that make you happy.

SemiDepression that comes and is def. not the worst. If you do something about it now,you'll be making one of the greaest efforts and have one of the greatest satisfactions in your life.

4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

I think you're at a place that you see that you need some help dealing with this situation. I'm sure that you can find something like this in your area...

http://www.selfinjury.com/