SRS What to do when you want to give your life a major change?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by XPX, May 9, 2007.

1. XPX

XPX New Member

Uhmm...the past few days I've realized that I want to give my life a completely different route. For the past 6 years I've focused on moving out of this country, I hate being here, it is killing me.

Doing this represents putting myself out there and take huge risks, cut contact with a bunch of people and basically start all over again, almost from the scratch when it comes to my career, social life, budget and love life (well, I'd start that, I've never had a love life per se)

I find it extremely hard to just do it all at once, it feels like it is something impossible but at the same time I am miserable because each day I wake up and accomplish nothing.

How does people get around this? I've seen it happen, what is the perfect formula of doing something like that? Cold turkey? Baby steps?

As of today I can't trust anyone so I everything I need I have to make it happen.

Thoughts?

2. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Figure out what it is you want to do, and then find out all the necessary steps needed to get there...then just do it. If you create a good, well thought plan, and follow it, chances of failure are minimal.

3. XPX

XPX New Member

I've created and fine tuned my plan, the thing is that it will take an awful lot of time to work out and I need a change right now...that's why I need input from others, just to see if drastic changes have an effect in your life. meh...

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

What country do you live in?

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

nothing enjoyable comes easy. If you have a goal and plan then go for it. Why are you doubting yourself and your ability to change. GO FOREWARD AND DO IT! To be honest does it really matter if you fail?

6. level99

level99 Guest

go shopping

7. teo

teo . => ? => !

I rearrange the furniture in my bedroom and occasionally the rest of the house too. Seriously. :o It helps me get the "fresh start" mindset and I'm better able to both effect and handle change.

8. XPX

XPX New Member

Venezuela
    no need to tell me how much it sucks, I know it already

9. XPX

XPX New Member

it does, I don't wanna fail...and the risk involved is huge, coming back home because I didn't make it in another country would bruise my already low self esteem :o

10. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I don't know anything about Venezuela so I'll take your word for it :dunno:

11. Guerilla Grower

Guerilla Grower New Member

It really sounds like you've made your choice, we can't tell you that magic thing that will make it easier to move on with your life and leave people/places behind. I guess you just have to reach a point mentally where you get up that day and buy a plane ticket and follow through with what you've been planning. I'd say, wake up tomorrow and do something, anything that will put you in the direction you ultimately want.

Just think of how good it will feel to be happy, good luck on your journey.

12. XPX

XPX New Member

Anything I do will hurt someone, I'm just trying to do it so I don't hurt the ones I respect (boss, parents, friends), sadly it is the story of my life...to please others before myself.

That has to change :)