SRS What to do for fiance's birthday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amac88, Jul 2, 2009.

1. amac88

amac88 New Member

Shes turning 21 in August, and I feel bad because I wont be able to take her out to some nice place like everyone else will. She doesnt drink at all, and wont be going to a bar/club/anything like that. We didnt even do anything special for our one year except that I asked her to marry me. I had wanted to take her out to this really nice restaraunt but its like $50+ per person, and we both know I couldnt afford it right now. It makes me feel bad, Im the one who is supposed to have all the money and stuff right? I feel like everyone else will be doing all this cool stuff for her, and Ill just be kinda kicked off to the side that day...

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You do what you would do if she wasn't your fiancé.

We get it, you have no money. Romance does not require money. Make her a card and make her a full dinner.

/thread

3. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Trust me, she'll apprechiate you putting in the time and effort to cook her a special meal way more than if you just throw money at the situation.

Make it a surprise. If you have your own place invite her over. When she comes over, be dressed really nice, have the table all set up, table cloth, candles, maybe a 12 dollar bottle of champagne. Then do something sappy like give her 21 reasons why you love her. Guarenteed its a birthday she never forgets

4. Kafka

Kafka New Member

have great sex with her, no one else will be doing that for her....i hope...

5. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

lol

6. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Big party with lots of her friends. Ask them all to chip in instead of buying her gifts. Women like attention more than anything; stuff like diamonds just serve to remind them you're thinking about them. Hell, it doesn't have to be expensive; a few years ago, I gave my mother a bundle of 50 helium balloons for her birthday, because she mentioned a few months prior that she'd never gotten them for any occasion before, and she broke down in tears instantly. In public. It was a good birthday.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

Curious so I'm asking-why are you getting married if you have no money?

8. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Leave it to a woman to ask that question. :rofl:

Sorry, I had to say it, it was too perfect of a setup. Maybe he actually loves his girl? But I'll let him answer that.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

:hsugh: It's a woman thing to think logically about why a 21 year old is rushing a marriage when they both are broke??

10. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

The #1 killer of marriages isn't cheating, it's money.

11. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

:ugh:

12. iwishyouwerebeer

I don't see why it's such an appalling question. His last thread was how they barely had money to have a wedding, so I simply ask: why get married right now at 21 after a year of dating?

13. PooP

PooP New Member

I agree.

All you're doing is rushing things. What will you accomplish by marrying this girl? I can safely guess you both live at home. So its not like you're even living together. It seems like you just want to get married just to have a wedding.

Slightly off topic, sorry.

Just do something thoughtful for her birthday. Doesn't need to be anything expensive.

14. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

I didn't read his last thread. I agree you shouldn't get married if you're upside down in debt and don't have an end in sight, but if you're on the right path and just not making boat loads of money, that shouldn't be the reason.

15. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

If everyone else will be taking care of her on her birthday, then don't sweat about doing something big that you can't afford. If she is your fiance, she shouldn't be pressuring you to do something expensive and "nice" for her birthday. If she is, then I might reconsider getting married because she might be a bridezilla. Hehehe. Anyway, you can cook for her or like someone else said, get all her friends together at your place or some place to surprise her. Have it be casual and just shower her with attention. Or you could do something like send flowers to her work or something like that, then pamper her when she gets home. It's the little things. You can do something small now and go all out when you can afford to :)

16. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

none of you considered that he may be planning to be engaged for a few years. Once he has money then getting married. Not everyone on the planet gets engaged and automatically married in a year or less. There are actually people in this world that are engaged 5-10 years.

@ts: you seem concerned that it is your duty to get her the most expensive gift. Who cares if other people buy her more expensive things. Pay attention to little things when you interact with her. Girls love to see a guy that can remember something very small. If you don't pick on small things then you never will. Get creative and instead of just investing money, try getting your brain cells active. it will pay off.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  17. iwishyouwerebeer

They want to get married within a year, at least according to his last thread about it :hsugh:

I'm not saying at all you have to have tons of money to get married, but if you're so broke and freaking out that you can't even afford a birthday gift who knows how little of money they can pool together for a life.

18. amac88

amac88 New Member

Exactly. Not everyone is engaged 3 months before the wedding. Itll be at least a year or so.

19. Mars Princess

Mars Princess They hatin'

So did you decide what you are going to do? :)

20. iwishyouwerebeer

You never answered any other question

21. amac88

amac88 New Member

Why get married? We both agree we want to spend our life with each other, same as any other couple. And I did think of a good idea, Ill be cooking her dinner, complete with tablecloth, candles, music, etc.

22. Crawling Dead

Crawling Dead Gz-TeRRoR

Yay for Pirate_Static's idea!!! Yay! :wiggle:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  23. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

I agree

24. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Just make the day special... doesn't require any money at all

for my fiancee's birthday, I took her shopping, and went with her. I hate shopping and can't stand it, so she was excited about it

25. iwishyouwerebeer

:uh: The question wasn't "why get married?" It was why get married now when so young and broke?