MIL What to do about an injury

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by x deaD piXeL, Oct 8, 2007.

1. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

In AIT, about 2 months ago, on my final PT test on the day of graduation, I twisted my ankle and my knee cap popped out. There was no way I was staying there any longer, so I popped it back in and adreneline kicked in and I tried so damn hard and passed. However, now my knee cap pops out easily sometimes, and the bottom of it hurts pretty damn bad sometimes. I can't run worth a shit. What should I do about this? Will the military fix it for free even though I didn't report it? Will I get a medical discharge? A running profile? Nondeployable status? In all honesty, I can't run very well, and I hope to god I don't get deployed unless they fix it. I also don't want to get in trouble for not reporting it, or get any of my NCO's from AIT in trouble somehow (you know how that shit works lol). I know it sounds like I'm a pussy, but this is KILLER sometimes. What are my options? Thank you very much.

2. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

Reserves / NG?

At the next possible time get in to see a medical professional and explain what happened when and what you're currently experiencing. You're through with AIT now and should no be considered regular forces and eligible for Tricare services I imagine.

3. x deaD piXeL

x deaD piXeL Turn up the fucking music!

National Guard, sorry. :) However, the issue is that I have no money. I can barely afford rent. I don't have a job yet, and even when I do I won't be able to afford seeing a professional or buy insurance. :(

4. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

the military should cover it.