MMA What they need to do with the Coconut in 2010

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Gogoplata, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

In 2010 - Zuffa needs to take the Coconut to the next level on the big stage and they also need to preserve their big stars in each weight class.

For 2010 - his first fight should be against Matt Hughes at 170. Why? It's a trilogy. They are 1-1. Hughes is on his way out but still thinks he is legit. I hate the idea of Penn moving back up to 170 - but this fight would be fun for the fans and it wouldn't mess with the 170 or the 155 "contender" pool.

While this fight is being prepared - Zuffa needs to bring in 3-4 Japanese "superstars".. That is in quotes because they are mostly JUNK fighters who are over rated from beating other junk Japanese fighters.

They should bring in Aoki, Kawajiri, Gomi, Alvarez.. Each one of these guys should be fed 1 or 2 "B level" fighters who have a name but won't put much of a fight. If these fight the B level fighters with "names" - the casual fan and the Zuffa hype train will fool fans into thinking that they are legit fighters.

Then, bring EACH of them in to fight Penn.. They will all get absolutely WRECKED by him.. After he beats the first three, he beats Gomi's ass one more time and retires with the belt..

It's now 2011 and Edgar and Maynard can now fight for the vacant title and start a new "back and forth" with the 155 belt.

What's up Zuffa - hire a brother. I'll make Joe Silva look like a chump.

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

lol, I would like to see things play out like that for sure. Hopefully he doesn't defend his title for like a decade like hughes did and then starts losing to younger fighters, making people jump off of his nutsack

3. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

He'll retire long before that's possible..

I think we'll see Penn fight 3 more times.. I just hope that one of them isn't another beat down from Ground St. Pound :wtc:

4. roose

roose Guest

The coconut should never be allowed to fight at 170 again. Unless they sprinkle some lime on him first.

5. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

Fuck Hughes he would get destroyed. He has horrible knees now and he couldnt take down Serra. It would be pointless.

6. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

Throw him in there with Kos and watch Kos get dismantled

7. roose

roose Guest

Screw fights against Hughes and Gomi. The coconut would drink 'em both up.

8. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

that's the point.

everything does't have to be ultra competitive. some fights can be "just for the fun of it"..

9. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

IMO, BJ deserves the chance for a rubber match. The fight would be just as entertaining as any LW BJ Penn fight.

Any BJ fight at LW is going to be about 3 rounds of someone failing to get takedowns and getting starched on their feet. I personally would rather see that happen to someone hated.

10. ITR06

ITR06 OT Supporter

give him fights that he is going to just pummel the other opponent so you can dance around like a fairy tooting faggot drinking his coconut milk all the way to a very good retirement record. I think not.

11. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl-beMYQ-K0

:bowdown:

12. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

yes :)

13. roose

roose Guest

While I agree, Hardy vs. GSP for example, neither Hughes or Gomi has been relevant in years.

Fitch/Kos/Alves at WW would be a real test for BJ.

14. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

oh yeah.. right.. damn dude - what was I thinking..

BJ PENN VS. FRANKIE EDGAR - BATTLE FOR THE AGES! SHIT WILL BE BANANAS!!!!!

15. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Fitch would beat him to a descision, Kos would blanketize him and Alves would RIP his skull in half.

16. OnionPeel

OnionPeel New Member

I don't like seeing him at move up to 170 cause he just looks fatter and slower.

He needs to start working out with Mark Phillipe and Mir and put on some muscle.

17. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

Yeah, no. None of that.

18. kopetzki

kopetzki Banned

[​IMG]

19. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

Point being he doesn't belong in that weight class. His skills were elite enough at one point in time for him to be competitive even at that weight class, but times have changed and now it's stacked with sharks.

20. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

I can't be the only one who doesn't think that Maynard is a title contender. He's a good wrestler, but I don't think he's going to beat Florian or Edgar.

21. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

So where'd this coconut thing come from?

and yeah i wouldn't mind seein hughes/penn 3.

22. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

excuse me Sir - he's had 20 fights and has only ONE win at 170. :rofl:

23. Khaaz

Khaaz New Member

He already has beat Edgar. Whens the last time maynard fought? i feel like i haven't seen him fight since he fought Frankie Edgar.

24. Gogoplata

Gogoplata Guest

ever seen that niggas head? homey looks like a melon.. he's borderline progeria status with that shit!

25. Ricey McRicerton

Ricey McRicerton New Member

:rofl: I didn't realize they'd fought. I still don't think he'll beat Florian, Sanchez, or even another good wrestler like Joe Stevenson. :dunno: