SRS what the hell is wrong with society?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Oct 16, 2006.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

how come whenever someone freaks out, everybody starts labeling them as "crazy" or "psycho". EVERYONE flips out sometimes, so why do they start holding it against others who do it? Are people just too stupid to think rationally? Are there any real ADULTS in this world who understand shit like that?

When I was a teenager, I couldn't wait to grow up because I thought that when I'm older, people around me will be older and thus slightly more intelligent. Everyone my age at the time was incredibly oblivious to EVERYTING and I couldn't take it anymore. Now that I'm older, I finally realized that stupid people remain stupid their whole lives. There are 2 races in this world, smart people and stupid people. Being a smart person, I will use/walk all over stupid people for my own personal benifit in life. Why not???

2. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

It depends on who is doing the labeling, and how often the person freaks out, as well as what they do.

It depends on what sort of "smart" .

3. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

there was in incident they other day at my work by some guy who keeps to himself. He freaked out because he was being treated unfairly by management and I noticed immediately that everyone looked at each other, developing bonds with one another, like we are normal, he is crazy. And also started talking with each other about he the quiet ones are the crazy ones. Total BS, I would freak out too if I had to deal with the shit the guy had to.

4. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

In that case, it isn't so much that he is crazy, just going against social norms

5. 18c

18c Guest

this kind of stuff happens too much

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I kinda get what you're saying as far as the making bonds bit. Unfortuantley that is how it works. Just like you are making yourself feel better by thinking youre smarter than everyone else, they are making themselves feel better by labeling themselves as different from yet another person. I have a mentally ill older brother, and I feel really bad bonding with "normal" people in such a way. It is disgusting to watch people team up against other people who are already at a big disadvantage.

Unfortuantley thats just how life is, and everybody fights for dominance. By teaming up with someone else they can make themselves feel secure in knowing they are preffered over someone else. If you're a loner you just gotta learn to suck it up, and how to stand up for yourself without freaking out.

7. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

i thnk as you grow older you experience more of the world and therefore people expect you to not to flip out over things so easily. it's a natural psychological reaction for the most part, but people generally don't buy it because shit happens all the time, and the act of freaking out only conveys to them that you lose control easily and nothing more.

8. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Just because you are smarter (however you define that word) than someone doesn't mean you are better than them and walking all over someone just because you can DEFINATELY means you aren't better than them. You are just being a bully really, yes a schoolyard defintion of a bully.

You wanted to get away from the schoolyard mentality, but you seem to have one yourself.

On the point of people who aren't normal being thought of as "freaks", that is a problem with society (well most people in general) since people tend to fear things they don't understand. Hmm that guy over there never talks to anyone, what a freak... Maybe he thinks everyone else is weird or maybe he is just uncomfortable in social settings? People should try not to judge so quickly.

9. Bruticus

Yeah, losing control and "freaking out" just sort of points to someone who can't control their emotions. 'Most' adults have a fairly good control of their emotions so they will expect others to have as well. They spot someone who doesn't and they just think it is strange.

10. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

yeah, but sometimes there are just no other ways to get the damn point across.

11. Bruticus

Sure there is, though that would depend on your defintion of "freaking out".