SRS What the hell is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hondamts, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Hondamts

Hondamts Member

So not sure if this is the right forum or should I have posted it in the fitness section. So basically the past four years I have been in medical school and things really got stressfull this past Nov to March. During this time I was applying for residency and thought I was applying into "mildly" competitive program/specialty. I am a really laid back guy and I do work hard and get what I need to get done. I thought I would finish medical school and cruise into a residency.

But long story short the speciality that I applied to this year got CRAZY ass competitive (yeah the year I apply) and I ended up with only a handful of interviews however in the end I did end up with a residency posistion in my 2nd ranked program. This time was beyond normal stress levels for me. I honeslty thought I would be jobless with a medical degree for a year and would spend one year in a lab rotting. Instead I landed this top speciality that is hot right now. However I could care less since the day I found out I have gone down hill. I don't give fu#K about anything, I never go into the hospital (most people excuse 4th year students realizing that once they found out if they have a job they don't come in much),

my really down to earth beautiful GF has walked away (who I helped to get a posistion in my program) have not talked to her for weeks and could care less too. I have not gone into the gym in now two months, I honestly eat Fast Food every day and drink 2 liters of coke every 2 days. I use to read a lot but now I am on a couch 24/7 watching trash shows and basically and simply put rotting away and I AM ENJOYING IT.

Alcohol is not a weekend thing anymore now I pop open a drink here and there and to this day I have not "celebrated" my posistion which all my friends have, oh yeah and I refuse to pick up the phone because I don't care to deal with people's BS. I have no clue why I feel this way but I talked to one of my close friend's and their advice was enjoy it because once I start work it will be hell..and he thinks I'll get it all back together. What do you guys/girl think or feel about this situation...just curious...
    thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2006
  2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its easy you are alive, you need to eat, and since money doesn't grow on trees you HAVE to work.

SO if you 'have' to work and have to live anyway, you might as wel make the most of your life.

Just the fact that you aren't living your life to the fullest would be enough for me to get into action, however.

I really think you are suffering from a burn out, all this stress has made you say 'fuck this shit' , but you shouldn't see it that way. Its a steam kettle situation. If there's no fire, or pressure you won't get anything done in your life, if there's too much fire or pressure the kettle will explode, basically you need to let some steam go to unpressure yourself from all the stress, but then again not putting your life on a halt either.

Give yourself another chance, and don't let the situation get out of hand this time, say to yourself ' i only have one body and can only do so much on one day' , that way you'll be also enjoying your life, thus ask yourself the question. DO i live to work, or do i work to live? Basically all the shit in your life will end up at your plate, if you fuck up your life then everything you worked hard for will be reduced to ashes, the thing is ' you are chained to every action you make in life that has come to bear as the result of your decisions. This is why its so vital that you make wise decisions in your life that will benefit you, the most perfect example is the Volume -/+ example.

Your life is like a volume button, put it on - and nothing will come out of it. Put int on + and you will lead a productive life, and for you its interesting to 'tune' your life in the + section that way that it won't be on 100& Full which is too loud and for you unbearable to hear. Maby put it on 85% of what you previously did, and you could have a more spare time so that you can balance between work + life.

3. Hondamts

Hondamts Member

Thanks...I really appreciate the feeback...giving myself to end of this week and try and get back on my feet again..since moving to a new place and figure start right there. I love this line "DO i live to work, or do i work to live"