SRS What the hell can I do with 2 of my big skills?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kdrweez, Jun 16, 2009.

1. kdrweez

kdrweez New Member

Firstly, I'm in no hurry to find my calling. That said, here are 2 completely random things I'm really good at:

-I can convince anyone that anything is a good idea. BMW? Free maintenance, and it'll last longer than your current Subaru. Plasma TV? Yea it uses more electricity, but you look at it for an hour or more a day...is the poorer quality worth the ~$1 difference per month?
    -I have a huge wealth of info on pharmaceuticals. I've always been intrigued by how the human body can be affected by man-made things. And I focus on legal things usually. Did you know that aniracetam, an analogue of piracetam (a nootropic...makes you smarter basically) is spawning a new class of drugs called the ampakines may eventually succeed drugs like caffeine? The US military and Alzheimer's advocates are already investigating uses.
    -Oh yeah...I'm really good at giving speeches & presentations.

My friend mentioned trying to become a drug rep, but I found that they rely a lot more on selling things than actually knowing about them (but then my degree is in marketing).

What the hell can I do? Honestly, I don't even need a "real world" 9-5 job...I love taking chances. :)

2. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

Pharm rep. or salesman in general. In the real world though sales is not about what you know or how much you inform the customer. If you want to inform then teach or get into counseling. Of course you'll need to go back to school for both.

Or you could use your degree and do copywriting or communications or something. It's an elegant version of sales BS.

Also, nothing will replace my coffee or tea. Ampakines can go to hell.

3. Thelonius

Thelonius New Member

It sounds like you have the makings of a good Grifter.

4. Finesse

Finesse Back for the First Time

Sounds like you have exactly what it takes to be a good pharmaceutical rep.

5. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

then start your own business.

6. GuantanamoBay

GuantanamoBay New Member

sell refrigerator in north pole.

but seriously, with that communication skill, you'll be great as a politician.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

If you are an attractive female go into pharma sales/rep you'll make a boatload, a friend of mine makes a very nice living doing this but she has looks going for her...I don't really see a male making out as well b/c well sex sells :rofl:

8. Shayes

Shayes OT Supporter

yea. thats basically what he described.

9. skierd

skierd Member

Nothing wrong with a sales job, if you can handle the pressure of working on commission and the travel. I did it for a while and loved everything about it except the lack of stability.