What the heck does "you're weird" mean?!?!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by R KriLLz, Feb 13, 2007.

1. R KriLLz

R KriLLz Uncomfortable in my own skin.

What can I say? I like the dumb and pretty girls. :hs:

Many times I catch myself getting semi-deep and I'll hear "you're weird" by a girl that seems interested.
    I take it as a mild insult.

does that mean something along the lines of "stop making me think so much and let's talk about pirates of the carribbean and/or Mr. Depp"???

Is it OK to be weird?
    should I generally lighten up the conversation then, or proceed to make my point like I wanted to... and hope they bite?

2. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Personally I'd prefer to be weird than normal...

3. Alexqzilla

Alexqzilla New Member

It's really more about the manner in which she says it. Respond with "Is that a bad thing?" and see what she gives you.

4. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Depending on the context it may mean "Stop boring me and lets have FUN!" or "You're deep and mysterious."

If the girl's as dumb as a brick, id go with the former.

5. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

You are clearly not a font of conventionality in their perspective. It priobably makes you memorable, but whether or not that is a good thing depends on the individual.

6. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede New Member

Being weird is perfectly normal.

7. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Depends on the context...

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

have fun with those gems.

9. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

Stop thinking so much. If a girl says you are wierd, I would not take that as a good sign. If she meant it as a good sign, it would be "you are interesting" or "you are not like most guys". Womans weakness lay in her actions. Her actions came through words.

Not good. :o

10. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

It really depends on the woman. For some it might mean that she can't relate to what you're saying (because she never thinks about the specific topic, doesn't understand you're joking, etc). With these women, being wierd is a bad thing because it means that you aren't motivated by the same things that she is.

For some women, it means that you're entertaining (typically with "less conventional" women).

Probably even more meanings to different women, but I'll stick with a conventional dichotomy for now.

:rofl:

11. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

When a girl thinks you're weird, thats BAD.

12. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Normal is boring

13. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Different is good

Weird is bad.

14. Honest Bob

Honest Bob New Member

I think it depends on how she says it. I usually throw it back at the person and tell them they are the weird one. It ends up being an ongoing joke and a positive experience.

Now that I type that I realize that I usually stop what I'm talking about and start teasing her about being weird. So of course it would end up a positive experience even if I was previously talking about something uninteresting.

Damn I'm good. :bowdown:

15. iwishyouwerebeer

When a girl says "you're weird" it means either of 3 things:
    *You are not like her so she automatically thinks you are weird because she is "normal"
    *She's dumb and just doesn't get it, and her attacking you makes her feel more secure
    *You really are fucking weird

16. xinster

xinster New Member

could mean alot of bad things or just fun teasing

17. R KriLLz

In my experience, It's all 3 of those.

I'm a pothead artist. I study history a lot and I've been all over the globe.
    It's hard for people to understand where I'm coming from, since i speak from experience a lot.

I just get nervous when i start to confuse people. Given I've had more experiences, so they'll almost never understand me right off the bat, but I'd love to teach them. Teaching people is where i get my fulfillment.

so with airheads... dumb myself down upon being called weird? or push the issue and try to elevate them?
    one is placating, and one is pushy. I'm torn.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

airheads are always going to be airheads....why not stop talking to them?

19. R KriLLz

^^ because I'm jaded by being smart and I like ditzy, happy girls that put me in a good mood.
    and sorry... they're mostly good looking too.

I envy their ignorance.

20. magik

magik New Member

i'm always told that i'm weird and/or odd. i take it as a compliment. normal isn't entertaining, i always have people on their toes and they love it.

21. demosnat

demosnat New Member

It usually means "conversations of this caliber threaten my control over said conversation, which I would like to be about me. If we are not going to talk about me, we are going to criticise you, because one thing I do know is that thats a sure fire way to get the conversation back onto me. Please respond to my half assed attack with a cute insult that will alow me to continue talking about myself, acceptable retorts include 'no you're weird' to this I will respond 'huh uh! how?' and we can talk about how much better I am than most girls. Inapropriate response: (you) 'how am i weird' as this is not talking about me, and may require me to say somthing I have not said before, which makes me uneasy"

22. magik

magik New Member

you are quite the negative nancy, aren't you?

23. R KriLLz

^^ i was actually hoping someone could disprove that.

I hate it when they stare at me like I'm the truck and they are the deer.
    because i want to teach them something instead of perpetually finding out how much they dont know.

24. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

depends on how she says it.

if it's like a "dreaded" you're weird.. then bad. if she's giggling or something, I'd say it's good. my gf and I both call each other weird, and I personally view it as a great thing.

be yourself. if the girl doesn't like you for you, she can fuck off. comprende?

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

No, I am first and foremost a feminist. After that I suppose I am an ethical egoist.
    I find it extrodinarily depressing when women feel the need to act in this manner-when they have been so utterly convinced that to be sexy they must be stupid...that they must wander around with that mean, half dazed look so common to doe eyed media darlings.
    Women who do this (and those often labled as sluts, by the way) are usually not actually dumb, in my experience, just very, very insecure. Most are uneasy talking about something outside of their normal conversations, they are afraid of looking stupid, or worse yet, weird. Its very safe to talk about what everyone talks about, to dress like everyone dresses, to walk around with lips parted and eyes glazed, so as to be correct, and normal.

back to the thread starters question. Many, once you know them for a bit, and they are comfortable with you, will drop the act. What I said was partially in jest, she DOES want to talk about herself, but because that is what she is used to, as she is used to being approached by immature little boys who dont know how to do anything but drool over her. She is just insecure.

Sorry for writeing a term paper :wtc: its midterm week.

EDIT:
    A lot of times the 'your weird' comes from her fear of you thinking that about her. Hence every possible attempt to get off the subject. See bold.