MIL What the fuck, PoW training camps?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ZeeMox, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeeMox

ZeeMox Opinions are like assholes. Fuck em. OT Supporter

So most of you have probably seen the other threads I made asking questions about AF training and the like since my gf joined. First there was basic, then tech school started... now she's telling me about this training that first involves a day or so of survival training, then she'll get abducted and put in a Prisoner of War camp. The next 36 hours of training include all kinds of fucked up shit including broken bones and the like?

Ok, great, I'd rather she have training to face the situation than come across and be assfucked, but where the shit do they get off that actually torturing and seriously injuring people is good fucking training? Somebody tell me she's exaggerating, this sounds fucked as hell.

2. SweetDaddyO

SweetDaddyO we need a montage!!

:rofl: crazy women.

i completed SERE about a month ago. yes, there is "resistance" training including a prison camp scenario. the actual training is classified but i will tell you that there are NO BROKEN BONES OR OTHER PHYSICAL INJURIES suffered during the training. you're much more likely to sprain an ankle in the field portion of the training than get injured in resistance. the instructors are some of the most professional and dedicated in the world and it was some of the best training i've ever received.

3. ZeeMox

Now I'm going to have a good talk with her.

4. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

When is she going? I'll be going to SERE in April.

5. ZeeMox

No idea.

6. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Typical woman.

7. ZeeMox

She still seems to strongly believe that the current level B SERE resistance is as bad as described prior. Everywhere I look, I'm having trouble finding personal accounts of anything in SERE.

edit: i actually resorted to using wikipedia :o
    I hear the programs have been changing a lot within the military lately, though, so I'm not sure how much water this holds now.

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

Because it is against military regulations to tell about SERE. Part of the training is not having any expectations.

9. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

You could have some fun with this and make her believe she is going to a place that would make even Rambo curl up in a ball and cry himself to sleep.

10. SweetDaddyO

First of all, SERE is considered Level C training, with some parts at Level B (C is a higher level of training). I'm not going to verify any of those statements you posted, but I will point out that Air Force Academy cadets DO NOT UNDERGO RESISTANCE TRAINING in their SERE program. They simply do the "survival" and "evasion" portions of training, and if they end up in a job that requires resistance training they do it later at Fairchild AFB where the rest of the air force receives SERE.

11. SweetDaddyO

only certain parts are classified - mainly the resistance portion and some specific things relating to evasion. survival is open-source stuff.

12. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Part of the effectiveness of SERE training comes from the fact that the trainees don't know the limits. To that end, please take the feedback you have received and don't try to probe for more. Nobody is going to die, it will be uncomfortable mentally and physically, and she will be better off for having gone through it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.