GUN What the democrats had to say about guns durring the debate

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 16, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clinton "I am against illegal guns....I don't want the federal government pre empting ...states...we need to have a federal registry...to crack down on illegal gun dealers. I will work to reinstate the assault weapons ban...we stopped it for a while, now they are back on the street. I belive in the 2d amendment, ....backed off a national licensing and registration plan.

Obama. national licensing - I dont' think we can get that done. But here's the broader context we have two realities in this country - the tradition of lawful gun ownership....and it is important for many americans to hunt, fish, take their kids out and learn to shoot, but then you ahve the other reality of [crimes]

Edwards. I am going to have to change my position on this, having grown up in the rural south, I think it is su...I don't think you need an AK 47 to hunt...will do everything in my power to reinstate the assault ban.

Those are the Cliffs full version below

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  2. johnson

johnson New Member

Good thing I ordered a lower receiver the other day.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

not even a mention of protecting ourselves or the true spirit of the 2nd. Makes me nauseous.

4. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Sounds like Obama is the lesser of the three evils there. He didnt even mention the AWB.

I'd really like to see Hillary's facts that show since the AWB was repealed that Officer deaths have increased specifically due to "assault weapons."

5. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

AVP
    No matter who wins, we lose.

6. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

except he wants national licensing :ugh:

7. acoop101

acoop101 New Member

:noes::wtc:

8. HardTech

HardTech hungry

no, clinton wants national licensing

9. CString

CString New Member

sweet jebus, i better order a lower ASAP

10. Tdizzle

Tdizzle New Member

Well it looks like I'm gonna have to pony up the money for an AR sooner than I thought :wtc:

11. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

The lower is all you need for your gun to be considered 'pre-ban', amirite? So, say I bought 5 lowers, I could build them any way I choose even during the ban, correct?

12. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

And I thought we had it bad in Canada.

Oh wait, we do. :wtc:

It's not so bad, you guys have the NRA fightin' for your second amendment. Meanwhile, we have to keep the Libs from getting back in, because one of their top missions is the banning of all semis. If they get elected, we're completely fucked...

13. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Not necessarily. They can ban any number of things... hand guards, forward grips, types of magazines, etc. I'm not the most informed person on how these types of laws work, but someone in here had a decent explanation of why you might not be able to buy any AR parts if another ban takes place.

14. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Fuuuuuuuck. :wtc:

15. xpinchx

I'll tell you what. I was raised in a democratic home and I still hold on to a lot of those values, but what I can't stand for is having my rights and freedoms slowly stripped away. And I'm not saying it's just democrats who are at fault, IMO the blame falls pretty much equally but in different ways (i.e. Patriot Act vs. AWB, etc.) This is going to be my first election where I've been fully informed and making a decision on my own. That said, I can't see any other way to vote than libertarian. :dunno:

It just sickens me to see people like that say "We want to respect and protect the second amendment of the constitution, but we're going to limit how Americans can use it." :ugh: Hillary is the worst of them all. I know this country has a lot of fucked up problems and gun control is probably the least of our worries, but I can't vote for someone who thinks like that.

16. xpinchx

That said, Austin, you can still buy AR parts now and sell them for more money later as "pre-ban". :)

17. CString

CString New Member

so basically, we may have about a year to save up for shit that we want. i think the new pres. will be sworn-in mid January. not long enough for me to save up for an AR and an AK. :wtc:

18. xpinchx

Put that shit on a credit card, son. I'm buying one soon just so I can have it the way I want it before a ban takes place.

19. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

that's all bullshit... I go through the woods and hunt varmint with my AR.... So for sure you can hunt with an "assault" weapon.

20. Hedger

Hedger OT Supporter

I love Obama

21. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Any future bans may not be what the last ban ones. Future bans might not allow you to keep what you have even.

Don't lose your head over all this either. The Democrats currently control the House and Senate. We have a president who said he'd sign an assault weapons ban. As usual a ban was proposed, HR1022. It has 60 cosponsors out of a potential 435. Gun sales are very high, the internet has brough a new generation of shooters into evil black rifles, and events like katrina and 9/11 still have americans thinking a bit more about their own protection that usual. There is no evidence the previous ban did squat. If they wanted to say that is because it wasn't restrictive enough they'll have to make a new ban even more strict and harder for a legislator to vote for. It is a good time for us, a ban will be an incredibly tough sell. Take new shooters to the range and show them how things are safe and fun and that you don't have baby killing rifles. Write letters to elected representatives and maybe even the local newspapers to be printed. Try to help get your favorite candidates elected. Evangelizing is going to be a lot more productive than buying a dozen lowers.

22. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

Yeah what happens if we all go buy a bunch of shit and then the ban prevents us from keeping the stuff we already have? Do they just confiscate it? Do we get reimbursement, anything like that? Or are we just out that money?

:dunno:

Sounds like a potentially bad situation all around.

23. xpinchx

I can't imagine anything like that would ever pass.

24. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Be *VERY* careful with that. People "couldn't imagine" any of the most-horribe events in history.

One of my favorite quotes was in the HBO series "From the Earth to the Moon," in the episode where they're having hearings after the Apollo 1 accident. One of the astronauts was asked who was at fault, and he replied that it was due to a "lack of imagination". He explained that no one was specifically at fault. The incident occured because of a "lack of imagination". They had procedures for everything else. They had planned and tested for almost everything -- except this. Because no one thought it could happen, they were completely off-guard when it did happen.

So don't ever let yourself get in that position. You say it could never pass, and I tell you that it can.

25. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

Yeah so for my birthday I'm getting an AR :mamoru: I was going to get a pistol or two but it's not worth it now Sig 556 anyone :bowdown: