MMA What supliments do you take?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by checkii, Jul 16, 2007.

1. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I'm bored and figured I might find somethign new to try.

right now:

No-Xplode
    Muscle Tech Leukic
    Creatine
    Xtend BCAA (cant take anymore cause the taste makes me :barf:)
    Flaxseed oil
    Glucosamine
    Old People Dialy Vitamins

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Only 2:
    Whey protein powder
    Xyience "Daytime fat burner"

I'm just about finished with the Xyience (picked it up at the grocery store on a whim) and I'm thinking of picking up another fat burner if anyone has any they used that work. Got a month till my fight and 20 pounds to drop.

I might check the local supplement shop (good one, not some GNC) to see what they think this weekend.

3. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

No-Xplode :rofl:

Cheap ass ON whey is all I ever use.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

An example of exactly where and or what to get would be great. Ephedra - Caffine - Asprin right? I know I've always read about an ECA "stack" but I've always been confused if it was one single supplement or multiple pills from different sources per serving.

5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Should I take it a certain time before I go workout at the gym for 3 hours for safety, or should I take it right before the gym? I'm just wondering if this is something I should keep in my desk at work or if I can keep at home next to my whey.

There is a CVS right next to my gym I always pick up a Vitamin Water and Protein bar from before working out, I might grab some ECA tonight.

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Yeah I figured I grab it at CVS when I go to the gym tonight and start tomorrow. Take it before I leave for work and have my morning shake, then take it about 430-500pm before working out.

7. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Recently people have been kicking out the Asprin on EC stacks, but if you're using Bronkaid I can see why you'd want a LOW dose Asprin.

Bronkaid is the best way to legally get 25mg E in the US, but it also contains 400mg of guaifenesin. It's your typical expectorant, but some guys experience mild headaches while on it -- especially while doing cardio.

If you can find a way to get your hands on pure E, I'd recommend it. Supposedly New Jersey has a shop that sells it legally (I'm gonna check it out soon). Otherwise it's only available in Canada legally.

I do recommend an EC stack if you're on a cut though. You will never go back to any other bullshit GNC gimmick stacks.

for me:
    whey
    CEE
    fish oil
    glucosamine - chondroitin
    GABA (occasionaly before bed)
    multi-v
    ephedrine - caffeine

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

Well the NJ shop was recommended by an incredibly informative guy in F&N. Whether it's truly legal or not is something I'm going to have to check out.

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

muscletech is a waste of money man

10. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I take creatine and some stimulants when I'm cutting. When I'm bulking, just food.

Always a vitamin or vitamins depending on my immune system.

11. Sammo

Sammo New Member

fish oil, glucosamine sulphate, vitamins

12. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

?

please go on

13. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

someone told me to only take the glucosamine sulfate, what is the difference?

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

so what are the bad side effects from this?

I only was planning on cutting for one mroe week and then trying to put a little muscle back on. I'm hovering between 10 and 11%bf and would like to be closer to 8. Will taking this with my same diet and same cardio program help?

15. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Steel cut oats.

16. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Basically you're just paying a lot of money for the same energy bump you could get with a can of red bull or a cup of coffee. Your money could be better spent elsewhere.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=556124

Consumer Alert: The NO2/Arginine Scam
    by David Barr

The Biggest Scam in Supplement History

Take a look at the history of nutritional supplements and you'll find many scams and cons. It's easy to spot these swindles in hindsight; it's a little tougher to identify them during their market peaks. Well, there's a scam going on right now, a big one. In fact, it's growing even bigger as I write this. Are you falling for it? Are you being suckered by bad science and questionable marketing tactics?

Let's cut to the chase: the biggest scam on the market right now is arginine blood flow stimulators. You may know these by the terms "nitric-oxide stimulators" or "NO2 supplements."

Wait, you already knew these supplements were worthless? And you think you already know what the scam is? Doubtfully. Because I'm about to reveal the real con behind these supplements. In this Consumer Alert, I’ll not only blow the lid off of the whole scam, but I’ll also reveal to you a better hemodilator that's been proven for years to increase blood flow, aid in recovery, and stimulate muscle protein synthesis.

This article covers the science showing why arginine products don’t stand up to their claims, but the rabbit hole goes much deeper than that. Hang on Alice, you’re in for a wild ride.

17. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

multi vitamin (x1)
    fish oil (x3)
    flaxseed oil (x1)
    and Weight Gainer after working out :eek3: BEEFCAAAAKE!

18. adrenalin112

adrenalin112 New Member

Muscletech is a waste of cash. If you really wanna take all that mess, pick up the generic brands and you'll get the same results, if any.

But I feel ya, you get bored and wanna experiment.

I just keep it simple. For me shake I rotate with an mrp of muscle milk or a whey protein of mass meal or substance wpi.

For recovery I stack citrullane malate with arginine ethyl ester.

If I'm in the mood to go nuts and drop some dough I take 6-oxo for test production and estrogen inhibiting.

19. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

the onlything muscletech I bought is the Leukic which was as cheap as any of the other brands for a 30 day supply. eBay ftw :big grin:

20. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

thanks for the link, i'll read up., Oh, and fyi, my tub of No-Xplode at full retail is far less than a can of redbull a day :mamoru:
    but I got it for free (had an amazon.com GC). Looks like it's pretty worhtless though, oh well, it tastes good at least :dunno:

21. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

my diet is all yogurt, cottage cheese, oatmeal, rice cakes, turkey, chicken breast, veggies, and sugar free popsicles and shit liek that.

at 10% you dont see any abs unless I flex, then its still nothing great. I fuck up just about every weekend though and eat somethign I totally shouldnt and snack too much. but i still try and be good (never fast food).

link to good prices?

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

and you're the same person that said "post and we'll help" so.... :hsugh:

if i am 5'10" 150lbs, what should my total caloric intake be in a day?

7am Oatmeal
    10am Cottage Cheese (fat free) & Yogurt (Fat Free Light)
    Noon Run 3.5 miles & row for 15 minutes
    1pm 1 piece of bread, mustard, sprouts, and 3 pieces of turkey lunch meat
    4pm rice cake and sugar free popsicle
    5pm Bag Work and stretch for 40 minutes
    6pm MT for an hour
    7:15pm chicken breast & raw broccoli or other veggies
    9pm rice cake and sugar free popsicle

the one glaring thing i think i am doing wrong is not drinking enough water. any other advice?

23. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Do yourselves a favor and concentrate a lot more on diet and a lot less on supplements.

24. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yeah, thats the way I feel, I been at it for months keeping about the same diet and excercise. I do feel a bit weaker and figured it was attributed to my diet.

I think I need to get to sleep a little earlier, I always wanted to run int eh morning but i am usually far too tired every morning to run, let alone cook breakfast. Can I subsitute hard boiled egg whites in? that way I wont have to cook?

Also I feel i eat way too much at dinner and not enough in the morning.

i'll see what kind of diet and excercise program will work better for me., once I get lifting again I think i'll have to run in the morning.

i'm going to try and start a new regiment this week and see if I can make it work and post it for advice.

25. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

im not on any of those right now, thats what I have on hand for when I am lifting (took the month off). And you are right, I hate that I eat salty food, i actually hate the taste, but I am one of those full time workers, full time MBA, and train part time and have a live in GF with pets. Its amazing I sleep at all.

again, thank you for the advice, i appreciate it, most people would rather talk shit than help. thanks.