What should I do?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BootyBro, Aug 16, 2008.

1. BootyBro

BootyBro New Member

Ok so tomorrow is my birthday and my ex-gf sent me a online greeting card just saying "i wanted to wish you a early happy birthday". I have not seen, herd, or talked to in over a month. When i saw the message my heart stopped. I dont know if she is being nice and just sending me a card or she is ready to start talking to me again cuz we agreeed to be friends after. My b-day would also be our 1 year aniversary. So i repled back (dont know if that was a good idea) with another thank you card. Just saying thanks for the card thats it. What should I do? Should I try again and try talking to her and see if she is ready to talk to me again or just wait for her to contact me if she wants to or just forget about it all and move on? I loved this girl a lot and we went our seperate ways with no burnt bridges, and I know she has feelings for me but she is the one the threw in the towel. I know Im kinda over reacting since this is first contact I have had with her in over a month, I was good for the last little while but lately I have been thinking about her again. Any advice on what I should do?

2. fray

fray New Member

I'm not sure why there is this recent influx of "I broke up with my ex X months/years ago and now they called/emailed/texted me, what should I do", but the answer is nothing! Ignore it.

You've already responded back. She didn't answer. Why open that can of worms again? It's just going to make you think about her more again.

3. Original

Original OT Supporter

you had a clean break up.. friends still tell other friends happy birthday. she's not trying to make things happen between the two of you again, she's just being nice. you sent a thank you, leave it at that.

:werd: it's hard but keep on truckin

4. BootyBro

BootyBro New Member

yeah thats what i was thinking, i had a feeling she was going to send me that (i know her 2 well). but yeah i just said thanks and left it at that, hers just short and to the point and so was mine. I dont wanna run back to her but at the same time what if there is something there still and she wants to get back? Do i still just leave it and wait for her to get to me you know what i mean. A lot of realationsips dont work cuz of misunderstanding and not putting everything on the table....fuck im taking this way to far she is the one that left me....

5. fray

fray New Member

You're making it into something it's not. First of all, you guys broke up for a reason. Do you really even want to get back with someone who didn't want to be with you? Second, if she did want to get back with you, she'd respond. But, I would advise you to not talk to her even if she does end up responding.

6. BootyBro

BootyBro New Member

yeah i know what you guys are saying is right. I just thanks for the card didnt ask any questions or try to carry the conversation. She sent me the message at 9am (it came on my phone) but i didnt open it till 1 and then sent her the thank you card at 2 and by 205 she opened it and read it...long story short i just need to move on. If she didnt want to be with me i dont deserve that.

7. fray

fray New Member

you're seriously over-analyzing.

8. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

reelllllaaaxxxxxx man.

9. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

dude, you said she wanted to be friends after the breakup... you haven't heard from her in over a month because she wanted to give you guys some space to cool off from the relationship. she probably just assumed a month was enough time and that you guys could have casual friendly interaction (like a birthday ecard). you're reading way too far into this, leave her alone and move on.

10. BootyBro

BootyBro New Member

thanks guys for the feedback i just needed to hear from some people. It just sucks being lonely and i had some much shit planned for us this summer but what ever life goes on......so when she says friends what does that really involve cuz I still have feeling for her how can girls do shit like that, love you to death and then just walk away from it, they are so much better at ending relationships than guys

11. TuopaT2008

TuopaT2008 New Member

She's just trying to be nice. Don't take it as anything more than that. Chicks always wanna make nice after a break up (in general), but it doesn't mean it's an opening to re-start the relationship.

You can respond with something as simple as "I'll always value our friendship"...that's the best brush-off to use in this type of situation, and still makes you a hero for taking the high road and "being friends".

:cool:

12. fray

fray New Member

Girls aren't better at ending relationships than guys. The person who is not as into the relationship is better at ending it than than the person who is devoted. That is what happened here. Obviously she did not really "love you to death". Regardless of what she may have said, done, or felt at one point in time, something changed her feelings and made her realize the relationship was not working.

Friends means just that - you can chat about how you've been, maybe hang out, etc. - the extent of what friends means, we have no real way of knowing. HOWEVER, she probably said friends because that's an easier break than "I never want to see you again" and because she does care for your well-being, but doesn't want to be with you in any way more than that. You're still not over her though, so you shouldn't be friends, or have any contact at all with her, because that is just going to keep you from moving on, and keep you clinging to the small glimpse of hope that you'll get back together. Proceed as though you won't. Move on.

13. Reign

Reign Banned

Don't talk to her yet man... if she did the most of the walking away she's probably seeing, or starting to see, someone else already. It doesn't sound like you're anywhere near ready to handle that.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Don't contact her. It's very obvious you are nowhere close to just being "friends" with her after only a month and neither is she. She's just being kind and wishing you happy birthday.

You can't be friends until you are over her.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I also would have accepted this:

or this:

or this:

Which would have gotten a "motherfucking dot" instead of just "dot."

16. BootyBro

BootyBro New Member

yeah i guess...i keep thinking that we are gonna get back together...there were several times before where she wanted to quit and i sweet talked her back and things were good for a while...i just need to forget about her....easier said then done....i still have her number and on my facebook and shit but i am strong enough that i would never call and she already has me on limited profile.

17. fray

fray New Member

The fact that there were several "close calls" previously does not mean you have an increased chance of getting back together now. It means you were lucky to string it out for as long as you did before, when it obviously should have ended.

Scrap the number and delete her from facebook. You will have weak moments, and it's easier to just not have the option.

18. BootyBro

BootyBro New Member

fuck i know u are right but just doing it is so hard...today is my birthday too and our 1 year anniversary i think that's why im feeling like shit.

19. fray

fray New Member

Got plans for today/tonight with friends, family, or anyone?

Don't just sit at home and feel bad.