SRS What should I do???

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by socjencheer, Nov 8, 2005.

1. socjencheer

socjencheer Beautiful Disaster

My sister just told me that she was engaged to her bf of only 7 mos. :eek4: When she first met this guy, she had a bf at the time and was seeing this guy on the side. Their relationship did not start out on a good note. She broke up with her bf and started to date this guy. After only 5 mos of dating this guy, she moved in with him and his family. His family includes him, his aunt, uncle and a bunch of pets. She moved in after she was done with high school. They are both 18 right now and hes still in high school because he failed his senior year. They have plans of him going into the air force and she will be waiting for him to finish. She came over to my house and showed me her ring and told me the story. I just didn't know how to react. Should I be happy for her? Should i encourage it and think that things for her would be okay? Just thought I would see what OT thought bout it.

2. DSM-sk8r

DSM-sk8r 8 Incher Crew

Literally hit her over the head with a blunt object, and knock some sense into her head. There is no possible way she could be having a healthy relationship with this guy. You need to tell her how you really feel about the situation, she looks up to you, she'll listen to what you have to say. Help her before it's too late!

3. socjencheer

She may look up to me but, how can I just tell her that without hurting her feelings? I am afraid that if I tell her how I feel about it then, she will be more determined to go through with it. :sad2:

4. socjencheer

yeah thats what I was planning on doing. Just let her make her own mistakes. BUT.. am I just to pretend that I am okay with it when I am really not? She wants me to help her with this and that but i don't like the idea in the first place.

5. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

If you tell her how you feel and what you think, you will be hurting her feelings. There's nothing you can do about that. However, she will forgive you, even if it takes time. Do what you feel is right.

6. socjencheer

Im not to sure yet on what she needs help with. I just thought it was odd that she came to me first and told me. Its like she going to hide it for a bit from people like my mom and dad. I think that she wants me to tell her that its okay so that she can tell everyone else. When I don't think it is. If I tell her how I feel about this, then I am afraid that she will never come to me for anything again. I did ask her what she was planning on doing and she doesnt know at the moment.