What should I do with my website (10gb space, :unlimitedbandwidth:)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Tk, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'll keep my personal site alive and kicking ( www.tk-wired.net ).

I need suggestions on what to do with the other 9.5 gigs of space now. I was thinking of a picture host for OT, to categorize and host pictures for those with no upload space, but thats about it.

Also, any suggestions on a different image gallery program? The script I have (Gallery x.x.x (dunno the version)) is quite buggy.

Suggestions on a web mail client... I want something that has a hotmail-type interface, so that its easy to use from the web and pretty userfriendly.

Thats it for now...

2. carlin

carlin Guest

don't u already have squirrel running :confused:

3. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

on my current provider, yes, but the domain isnt transferred yet. i dont think my new host offers a public webmail interface (squirrel was installed when i started with the current company). i dont like squirrel's interface all that much anyway.

4. carlin

carlin Guest

oh ok... is u're new host running windows * solution or *nix solution? ... on windows u can look at mailenable for the webmail(free)...

who is u're new host anyways... i am looking for one too...

5. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

unix or linux for my host.

www.liquidtornado.com

their package is $26 first month, $16 all continueing months, and this includes 10gb hd space, :unlimitedbandwidth:, :unlimited: everything else as well.

awesome customer service, very good response times. If you go with them, let them know I sent you.

my web address: www.tk-wired.net, I just signed up last Thursday or Friday or something, and they've been wonderful.

6. Rick

Rick New Member

That's cheap. $4.95/month for 2 gigs.

7. druid

druid What do the 5 fingers say?

I dont trust anyone that makes claims of unlimitedbandwidht but as far as a web mail client try Hivemail(costs money) or Popper which is free.

8. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Gallery has been a great photo gallery script for me, I have not experienced the buggyness you speak of. Maybe try a different version of it. The only reason I am pushing it is I have used other web galleries and that one is the best.

As for webmail look here under the webmail category at http://php.resourcesindex.com (I am not sure on that URL, I would check it but multiple page browsing in Lynx takes FOR-EV-ER! :(

9. Tk

Tk Well-Known Member

yeah im going to give that a shot first... i do like it its just that for some reason the cookies must be fucked up, because if i update something i have to delete all my history files and cache files to be able to reload and view it.

i looked on resourceindex and they didnt have anything special :(

10. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Hmm... I'm running gallery from within PostNuke (623 pics and we're not even half way done with the season) and standalone. So far no problems (in fact, I've got my users trained on the PostNuke site to upload pics when they have them - the only work I have to do is make sure they're doing it ok). Deleting albums/pics haven't been a problem. You using IE? Have you tried another browser to see if you have the same problem?

The only problem I've had with Gallery is just screwing around with the permissions, but I've figured out what it needs and all is good.

If you're into scripting, you can use the space to fiddle with with web app development. Or host videos. Or maybe you could help this guy: can I have my host download ??? :)