SRS What Should I Do? v.Wife is PREGNANT and hiding it!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Devoidarex, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Devoidarex

Devoidarex Rexversusu v.2.0

My wife has been acting weird lately. Anyway, I got a little suspicious and kinda had a feeling.

I look through the receipt jar and find this...

[​IMG]

Look a little more closely...

[​IMG]

This leads me to a search under the bathroom sink, turning up a POSITIVE test she had stashed in the back of the cupboard.

Why hasn't she told me? Should I tell her I know? Suprise her with flowers? Let her tell me when she wants?

wtf?!? I'm not sure what to do. :hs:

2. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

shit tests are 18.00 now :rofl: anyways man on a serious note she may be waiting for the right time to tell you i dont know wats the receipt dated in any case im not really sure what i would do definitly talk to her about it at some point but not sure what u would say

3. althepirate

althepirate Talk nerdy to me.

She probably bought one of those two or three packs. Hell, I would. I'd take test after test if one came back positive. SO would come home and there'd be a fucking pile stacked on the sink with me sobbing LOL.

In any case, give her her space. If she doesn't tell you in a week, bring up how she's acting a little weird, she seems stressed, letting her know you're there for her.

Now I hate to be the one to ask this...but would your wife consider an abortion? She may be deciding if she wants to keep the child or not. Or maybe she's waiting to get a blood test before telling you.

In any case, give her a little time and a little space. She probably has some stuff to work out with herself.

4. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I concur with the above post on this. Give her time to tell you. Don't pull it out of her because she might not be ready to let you know.

If she doesn't let you know within a couple weeks, then bring it up. Heck, just ask her if she's feeling all right and that she seems on the edge lately.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

When's the date on the receipt? Maybe she's just waiting to tell you till she's really really sure and has gone to the ob/gyn to have a blood test done. Have yall been planning/talking about/want to have kids?
    If I were you I'd just wait a bit and see what happends. If this is a good thing for yall, she might be planning on telling you in some really cool/cute way so dont steal her thunder and ruin it.
    If you havent been planning on having kids though, thats different, but I'd still wait a little bit to give her a chance to tell you.
    I mean, its not like you guys have been abstinant and now you're finding this, right? That'd be a whole different story.

6. pixing

pixing New Member

the optimistic side of me says that she is planning a nice dinner or something with the surprise announcement

the pessimistic (driven by reading OT and it's massive distrust of women in general) side says that she is hiding it for a reason

which would occam's razor cover? the first one - she hid the test rather than threw it out - if she were unhappy about the test results, she would have destroyed all evidence.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

My sister took a test, found out she was pregnant and then surprised her husband:dunno:

8. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Maybe she wants an abortion...in which case surprising her with flowers may not be a good idea.

9. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Exactly. A lot of women (at least from what I've heard, I've never been pregnant) save the first positive pregnancy test they take as a 'momento' and sometimes include it in things like scrapbooks and babybooks.

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I was going to say I doubt abortion is an idea since she saved the test. Women notoriously do that when they are excited over the baby. I bet she wants to surprise you....or is terrified and planning how to tell you.

Either way, I think surprising her would be a bad idea. Either wait or just excitedly say you found the test.

11. Ladybug

Ladybug Guest

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE GOING TO BE A DADDY!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    :hugot:

12. Devoidarex

The receipt is from April 8th, two days ago. I checked. :hs:

I'm still torn. I can't imagine why this would be a bad thing for her, but I don't really know what she is thinking right now.

Oh man, it's hard to keep my mouth shut.

13. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Tell her this....

"Hey honey, you know, I ran into my old friend Chris's ex-wife at the mall today. Did I ever tell you about him? One day on his way home from work, his car was pummeled by a diesel and he was killed instantly. His wife got the call about an hour later while she was at home planning a creative way to tell him that she was pregnant. She always said that her biggest regret was not telling him as soon as she found out. Perhaps if he would have known earlier, he wouldn't have gone to work and would still be alive to see his baby. Wow! I couldn't imagine living with that burden."

14. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

It's not yours. Nah, I'm just kidding, but seriously, give it a week or two -- see if she comes out with it, unless you don't trust her and think she'd do something you're worried about (Like abortion?).

15. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Two whole days? Seriously dude, just wait. I've known girls who've waited a week past the first pregnancy test date to tell their husbands/SO's.

16. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Try to make her drink alcohol and see what she does.

17. Devoidarex

winner! :bowdown:

18. KatWoman

KatWoman •••••••••••

I would imagine if she REALLY didn't want you to know she would have gotten rid of the stick and shredded the receipt :dunno:

19. Devoidarex

She's in the kitchen making dinner right now...

She thinks I don't know. BUT I KNOW....

Oh yes, I know....

It's really hard not to say something. :squint:

20. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

LOL :rofl: you're killing me. She's probably waiting to see her gyno to make sure. Has she ever been pregnant before?

Hang in there Ace. oh, and act really surprised when she tells you :big grin: Don't blow it.

21. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Occam's razor says that she hasn't told you because she doesn't know yet.

Does anyone know if pregnancy tests turn positive if they sit too long?

22. deusexaethera

Unless you put the test back in the exact same spot you found it in, she already knows you found it.

23. Devoidarex

The test was just bought two days ago, and is nowhere near the expiry date (I checked). I put it back exactly as I found it. I did, however, keep the receipt for evidence.

24. deusexaethera

I meant will a used test turn positive if it sits too long.

25. Devoidarex

Doubtful. It responds to the presence of a hormone that is either there (pregnant) or not (not pregnant).

If the test is positive, it's because the pregnancy hormone is in her urine, not from sitting with piss on it for a few days.