What should I do? *Serious*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Homan, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

So my friend that lives in Vancouver is team lead for Relic/THQ's new real time strategy game. They are the makers of warhammer 40k:dawn of war(some of you might know). With my RTS background and his position he can get me a job as game balancer. He talked to his boss and says he is interested.

Basically..

Pros:
    - Something on resume,
    - Going to another city(which can be both good and bad)
    - I have an aunt/uncle up there
    - I know many of the guys that work at Relic/THQ
    - Get some experience

Cons:
    - Rent
    - Not that high pay
    - Have to move
    - No free laundry/food/etc etc
    - Have to miss 1 or 2 quarters of class(planning to go 1 year so far), fall quarter all my classes will be online so thats no problem but winter/spring I dont know...

Part of me says just go for it, it will be a good experience and its really my dream job and good for my future. Another part of me is I will really miss living at home mostly. Also I will be paying a lot of shit out of my pocket and the pay will not be that high so I will be pretty fucking poor(not that I am not used to it :o).

So what do you all think?

2. Ivy Mike

Ivy Mike New Member

take the job stupid!!!

Its one mmore thing to put on a resume.

3. Goonigoogoo

Goonigoogoo Active Member

Take the job man, but save all the money you can, cause Vancouver is EXPENSIVE!

4. RyanL

RyanL OT Supporter

If you are going only go there for a year make sure that you set that and stick with it. So far all of my friends that took time off of school to work never started school back up because they get into the habit of having a job. Basically just think smart, don't spend all the money on a new car and get stuck in a situation where you can't afford to go back to school... just my 2 cents...