SRS What should i do at my next psychiatrist appointment(friday)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by x3 anything xo, Oct 23, 2008.

1. so i stopped taking my medication(depakote, risperdol) and everything bad that was happening on them has gone away completely or went away. i have determined that i will never take another pill like that in my life.

now should i tell the doctor im not taking them and all the negative things have gone away or that i am still taking them and im getting better.

im a little worried of the consequences of telling her that im not taking them so i guess unless i hear otherwise im gunna say i still am.

help appreciated.

2. IAmMissJackie

IAmMissJackie I'm what makes a Subaru, a Subaru.

I've been there before, and that shit just made everything worse. As long as you are feeling "good" you don't really need to go back to the doc, unless yoiu have other issues. They will probably just try to convince you to stay on them longer...

It's been 3 years since I have taken any sort of mood stabilizers and I am better now then I have ever been. It's all about having control over your emotions, and being able to rationalize.

3. true

i will see if i can stop going, im not sure i can though

4. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Good for you, it was the same for me. Meds made everything 10x worse.

No reason to lie to your therapist. What possible consequences could she give you?

If she tries to push them on you, this scenario would be good for you. You seem to think this particular authority figure has a great deal of power over you and you are considering resorting to some very unhealthy behaviours to deal with it. Standing up and asserting yourself appropriatley (i.e. no anger, lying, manipulating, whining, blaming, hitting, etc). to an authority figure and seeing positive results is a very good thing for your ego and peace of mind. The therapist's office is the perfect place to practice scenarios like this, its what you're paying her for.

edit: wait, is this a counserlor/therapist or just a doctor who gives out meds?

5. 7960

7960 New Member

what "consequences"?

if you don't tell your doc exactly what you're doing then you're hurting your cause, not helping.

tell her.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Umm, you need to tell him :ugh: How is that even a question? You're not truly in therapy unless you are being completely open and honest with your therapist.

7. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

tell them the truth. they are only there to help you feel better, so lying to them is only going to go against what they are there to do

and if you dont feel like you ever want to take a pill again, you might want to get a name for a good psychologist that you can go in and talk to when you need little check ups from time to time and to keep you healthy and away from the necessity from taking pills to feel better

8. consequences such as going to a mental hospital, they have made it sound like that is what would happen if i stopped taking them.

9. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

what have you been diagnosed with?

10. not really sure, bipolar schizophrenia i think

11. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

so you stopped taking your meds cause you are in one of your high moods?

how long have you been on these meds and how long ago were you diagnosed?

12. diagnosed 5 months ago and have been off and on them for 4 months and i stopped for good about a month ago.

i didnt stop becasue of a high mood, i actually dont even think i am bipolar or any of that.

13. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

if you dont think you are really bipolar then go to another doctor to get a different opinion. i would hope that a doc would just randomly diagnos someone as bipolar since its a pretty serious thing, but it never hurts to get a 2nd opinion.

do you know what lead the doc to think that? do you have eratic moods or anything like that?

14. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Oh, thats pretty serious. I thought it was depression or something like that.

The meds you are being given support this. Tell your doctor about your concerns. Those meds have some severe side effects and I'm sure there are some better ones out there.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

What do you think would make the psychiatrist think you are bipolar if you are not?

16. i posted the problem a while back under a friends screen name, but i basically wasnt thinking and told a counselor that i wanted to hurt my cousin for raping my little sister. i had a hard time accepting it for a while but now im over it. the doctor only talked to me about 5 times for 5 minutes each time and just asked me how i was.

but this is getting offtopic

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Wow :eek3: Well now I understand. But you do need to explain this all to him

18. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i would change doctors. you should never have been put on meds for that

thats a completely normal thing to be pissed off about, they should have sent you to a counselor to talk through your anger about it, not just medicated you.

19. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Get an evaluation and a diagnostic impression from the hospital psychologist (NOT psychiatrist). Getting off the meds is a HORRIBLE idea if the diagnostic is right which is why you should get evaluated by a psychologist (who will assess you with more than just a couple of questions, it should last 2-4 one-hour sessions)

20. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

tell them you aren't taking them, and all the bad sideeffects have gone away. They can't force you to take pills

21. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

they cant send you unless you're a danger to yourself or others

22. soleus

soleus Guest

My advice is to cancel the appointment and stay the hell away from your psychiatrist from now on. All he/she will do is insist that you go back on drugs. Depakote is horribe, horribe shit that will utterly destroy your brain if taken over the long terms. Psychiatrists are trained to view everything in terms mental illness and will tell you that you need meds even if you don't. And, although they can't have you committed unless you're a danger to yourself or others, realize that psychiatrists have the power to make that call at their discretion, and even if their own exaggerted view of your mental condition doesn't meet the criteria, very often they will simply embellish or lie to get you locked up. This is why it is not safe to discuss sensitive information with mental health professionals. "I want to hurt my cousin for raping my little sister"; suddely becomes "I raped both my little sister and my cousin and want to hurt myself." Many psychiatrists have an outright authoritarian complex and will become vindictive if you deny their treatment recommendatios. They'll say you have "oppositional defiant disorder" and that you are too mentally ill to make your own medical decisions. My sincere advice: just short of hiding out in a cave in the mountains, do everything in your power to avoid psychiatrists at all costs. If your cousin really raped your little sister, by all means, go ahead and kill the nigger, if you can get away with it. That's fucking justice, not mental illness. The problem is that you're the only person who is rational enough to see the obvious solution. It's anyone who disagrees who's insane.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  23. 7960

7960 New Member

seriously, you're the last person anyone should listen to. you quit your meds without your doc knowing, you talk about your anger and how you think it's ok to blow up at someone because it makes you masculine, and now you're on some rant about killing "that nigger" because EVERYONE else is wrong and he's the only one who's rational.

you are a poster child for why people are forced to take meds. you're too deep in your own sickness to see how fucked up you are. this kid needs to tell his parents his concerns, tell his parents WHY he thinks it's time to go off the meds, find someone else to talk to (like another doc besides the one he's seeing), and rationally explain why he's ready to quit.

24. soleus

soleus Guest

There is a time and a place for violence, and that's when someone is raping your little sister. It's pussies like you who enable bullshit like that to happen by always insisting that medication is the answer rather than violence. Well, I'll tell you straight up, if anyone ever rapes my little sister, that person is a dead nigger. And the world will be a fuck of a lot better off because of it, no thanks to medicated little hampsters like you.

25. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Yeah, you sound antisocial. Nothing like having a criminal mind!