SRS what should i do? am i fucked? CAR ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shiba kesaigi!, May 11, 2005.

1. shiba kesaigi!

shiba kesaigi! New Member

long story short.
    i hit/tabbed a car this morning, but because of the traffic, i had to move on, but by the time i went back. the car that got hit was gone.
    the damage is almost 0. but you still can see the scarch. I do have insurance and i have already reported to the school b/e i thought he might go to that school as well.
    now, what should i do. should i call my insurance company?
    its my fault though. the car i hit is a 2005 toyoto camry.

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Call your local police and explain the situation to them. Ask them if you should file an accident report with them. If anything comes down, you were up front and honest about what happened.

3. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Its very possible depending on the amount of damage that the person will never report it.

4. shiba kesaigi!

shiba kesaigi! New Member

how do i report to my local police. i never done that before.
    and should i say its a hitnrun?
    i live in rosemead ca

5. DragonLook

DragonLook Too weird to live, too rare to die **Toronto Crew*

don't say hit and run because you didn't run, you went back to the scene....just go to the police and explain the situation, (don't say more than you have to or try to be all law and order about it) and have them fill out a report and give you a copy. This way if the guys DOES report you and the police contact you then you'll probably get in little to no trouble. If he doesn't report it then nothing should happen

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yep and hopefully that person is to busy to report you or think its a lost cause to try. You get off Scott Free!

7. Camaro > rice

Camaro > rice New Member

even if you had totalled it, you would have been doing him a favor since its a piece of shit:bigthumb: and if its been over an hour its too late to report it. if you wait more than an hour then report it, they may think that you were drunk when the accident occurred, and after an hour its considered hit and run anyways, so i would say you done fucked up, but i don't know??

8. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You really need to SHUT THE FUCK UP, because if he follows your advice, then he is quite possibly in for a world of hurt.

Go to your local police station. Bring a parent or someone else with you if you aren't comfortable. Explain the situation. Thats it. Do that, or you could be guilty of a hit and run. The sooner the better.

9. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

To sum it all up: fuck_you fuck_you

;)

10. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I don't promote lying but just screw your insurance company. Say you parked your car while you where getting groceries, and that when you came back, there was a scratch from here to Tokyo in your car.

11. Camaro > rice

Camaro > rice New Member

:wtf: dude? thats the law around here, i remember learning about it in drivers ed even though its been a few years ago, thats why i said i DIDN'T KNOW for sure. but i'm pretty sure that you have to report it within an hour. otherwise if you report it several hours later, how do they know you weren't drunk when it happened and waiting to sober up???? and last i checked, you're not my fucking boss, don't fucking tell me to leave beeeyitch. you don't even have a fucking avatar, but you have a FAKE POST COUNT???:ugh2:

12. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

Just file what's called a "cold" police report - go to the station, and report what you know.

Is the damage worth reporting to your insurance company?