What should I do about this girl? v.nextmove

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by M.A. Malone Esq., Jan 12, 2008.

1. M.A. Malone Esq.

M.A. Malone Esq. OT Supporter

1. I used to work with her for like 6 months.
    2. She used to really like me, even when she had a BF. I never made a move because I was seeing somebody (she never knew).
    3. We talked from time to time (once every month or so) since she left.
    4. Had lunch once 2-3 months ago. Then one night I asked her to go get drinks. And we went to some bars until they closed. It didn't go as well as I may have hoped, but it was okay. When I dropped her off, it was kind of like, "okay, well this was fun. We should do it again." Open door and leave. No hug, no nothing... weird to me.
    5. I ask her to go out one night after she gets out from school (late in the night). She says "cool!! I'll call you when I get out"
    6. I text her that afternoon to see if we're still on. She says she's really busy and tired, etc, etc. (which is completely believable. She just transferred and is taking classes only two days a week) and said maybe next thursday, but I say I couldn't and maybe some other time.

Now, I wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't for the date not going and ending so well and that she said this in her last text: alrighty buddy, sorry!!

:mad:

I'm not opposed to thinking I'm in the friendzone, but I'm not going to just give up. What move should I make from here? Random late call? Lunch? Ask her out another night (difficult because she work's late too)? Don't contact her for a little while?

I hate to play games, but that's the feeling that I'm getting from her. help :hs:

2. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

Did you ever actually establish it as a date, or just hanging out?

3. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

If I was in your situation I'd be asking the same question because I'd be a hopeful thinker. Then I'd post here in the vag and everyone would tell me I'm friend zoned. The buddy word wouldn't really bug me too much because I knew a girl who used it regularly that I spent a bit of time with. We never got too far but it was mostly because of an age/distance difference. The times I did spend with her generally went really well and had I not lived 50 miles away, probably would have worked out fine.

I think you should let things go for a few days and see what she contacts you with. If you don't hear from her at all I'd only make one last effort to go out with her. If things don't work I'd call it quits

4. arseclown

arseclown Guest

she's already brushing you off, she's not interested in you romantically at all. AT ALL.

5. M.A. Malone Esq.

M.A. Malone Esq. OT Supporter

It's difficult to establish it as a date because she gets out of school late and works everynight she doesn't go to school. I just said that we should go do something. No real time for dinner, movies, mini-golf, etc.

And why would you say she's not interested at all? I mean, she cancelled, but she DID suggest another day. Though, it should be worth noting that when she cancelled, it was kind of half-hearted saying that she was up all day since really early and said she "might not be able to make it." I don't know if that means she actually wanted to go and maybe there was a chance or if she was indecisive in the how she wanted to cancel or...?

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll do what ww_crimson said unlesss someone has better suggestions. thanks!

6. fray

fray New Member

you could always just try "I haven't seen you in a while. I'd like to take you to dinner. When's your next free date night." I don't know...kinda pulling that out of my ass, but it covers all your bases, with a little humor. And if she says no, then you'll have a good idea that she isn't into you in that way.

the guys will probably rip that apart.