GUN What should I buy?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dranian, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Dranian

Dranian (..)

Theres a gun show coming up this weekend. By the end of this year FFLs will probably not sell firearms to me anymore. Not because I've done (or am planning to do) anything wrong or illegal. I'll still have a perfectly clean criminal record and I will still be legally allowed to purchase and own firearms through private sales. But FFLs probably won't sell to me anymore.

So I have decided I should buy all the guns I'm likely to want or need in the future, as soon as I can. This gun show should be a pretty decent opportunity to do so. I currently have a browning buckmark in .22lr, a H&K USP Tactical Variant 1 in .45ACP(which has been my main carry gun but is a bit bulky and uncomfortable, though I love the gun so i'm probab'y going to buy a compact), and a CZ52 in 7.62x25 tokarev. I don't have much experience with anything besides handguns and I'm having some trouble deciding what to buy. I like H&K a lot and was strongly considering an HK rifle but I'm not sure yet.

So basically what I'm asking is for you to help me pick out guns. What do you think is the best in each of the following categories and why? What would you're dream gun safe have, is there anything else not in one of these categories that you think I should absolutely have? I'm trying to cover all my bases, I don't really hunt so my purchase would be mainly for defensive and sporting purposes, fun at the range, zombie invasions, etc.

I've listed things I've been considering in these categories but feel free to recommend anything, not just what I have listed.

The categories are:

Semi auto rifle: was thinking USC, MP5 in .308, maybe p90 or AK47 variant, SKS or WASR.

Long range bolt action rifle: I love the psg1 but i know i won't find one. maybe something in .50BMG, really not much of an idea what I want for this category.

Other Rifle: Any decent rilfe that doesnt really fit in the above categories, I'll probably pick up a 10/22.

Shotgun: over/under style as i understand thats best for skeet shooting which I may try someday. pump action or semi automatic. I like HK, benelli, fabarms but dunno what model. Other brand recommendations are OK too.

USP Compact: should I get it in .45 or .357sig, or maybe do a 10mm conversion. I kinda like the idea of being able to feed it the same ammunition as my usp tactical, but an 8 round magazine kinda sucks. what do you think?

Backup gun: something small for an ankle holster, was thinking of a .45 snubnose revolver but I can't seem to find any evidence that anybody makes these, so maybe i'll get a p2000sk or whatever you recommend.

Anything else you think I should add to the shopping list i'm trying to create? I'll probably end up with at least 3-4 rifles, and 2 more handguns depending on what I find.

My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy for wanting to buy all these guns, I sure hope you guys don't. I might not buy 6 or 7 firearms at the gun show(since I doubt I'll find everything I want) but i'd like to at least have a decent idea or list of what I should be shopping for in the coming months.

CLIFFS: going to buy a bunch of guns, need help deciding which, see categories above or just make recommendations on what model and in what caliber. if you're just gonna make 1 recommendation i'd prefer it to be a rifle.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP I GET FROM ANYBODY HERE. I APPRECIATE IT GREATLY.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

That first paragraph made my head hurt and didnt make any sense

3. int3rnal

int3rnal Active Member

If you haven't done anything illegal, why wouldn't they sell to you?

4. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

im guessing it has something to do with the patriot act? :dunno:

5. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Yeah, I stopped reading after I read that.

6. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Maybe he's aging in reverse and will be too young at the end of the year to buy a legal firearm from an FFL?

That makes about as much sense as his opening paragraph.

Part 2:
    What exactly is an MP5 in .308?

You came here asking for advice and there are several people who have a great deal of knowledge they are willing to share but you are going to need to clarify the reason you won't be able to buy guns legally after this year before you get anything worth while.

7. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Elaborate on paragraph 1

8. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

Oh bullshit, you're just talking about yourself :fawk:

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

what the gay :ugh:

holy faggotry :greddy:

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

mp5 in 308 :eek3:

HK's got some secret bid'nit deals going on :hsugh:

11. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Well, yeah...

12. mvizos

mvizos New Member

:ugh:

You're gonna need to elaborate on that one, cap'n.

13. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

14. Wow this a scary post, are you in pre unibomber mode?

15. Y2kAccord

I am getting the ATF on the phone :noes:

16. CString

CString New Member

already called...IP reported. they should be at his door right about.....now.

17. Y2kAccord

PICS!!!! :x:

18. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

[​IMG]you need this and thats all. its a great gun and you can shoot down a plane with it or even through a police car. :bigthumb:

19. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

The only thing I can think of is that you were/or are going to be dishonorably discharged from the military

Why wont FFLs want to sell to you? Getting a sex change? Taking up cross-dressing? :naughty: :hsugh:

20. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I remember you were ranting awhile back about how either income tax or drivers licenses weren't legal. Which aren't you going to participate in any more?

21. Dranian

Dranian (..)

I posted this last night before going to bed, I should've elaborated more on why I doubt they'll still sell to me. I said its nothing wrong or illegal so I figured that was good enough. Anyway I'm becoming a united states national and a citizen of Florida instead of remaining a "14th amendment" US citizen. Its just a change in citizenship status and has nothing to do with the patrior act and I'm not going to be the next unabomber or anything crazy like that. On the form you fill out from an ffl, it asks "are you a US citizen and if I say no, I doubt they'll sell to me. This wasn't really the intended subject of this thread though.

22. Dranian

Dranian (..)

For now I regretfully have to participate in both of those systems, but someday I hope to not need a drivers license to exercise my right to travel or operate private property on public roads. And I will be paying my taxes until I find a legal way not to. I don't plan to be arrested for willful failure to file even if income tax is misapplied.

23. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

Dranian's view on liberty :bowdown:

24. Y2kAccord

Driving is a "right" now :mamoru:

25. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I thought it was a case of "My FFL says I'm too 1337 for them!"

:hsugh: