GUN What should I ask for my AK?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by crazynova, Jan 21, 2009.

1. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

So I've decided that I don't particularly care for shooting my AK anymore, and am looking to sell it so I can buy shit for my Jeep. Its a VERY nice WASR 10/63 with nicely refinished furniture. It also shoots better than my brother's Saiga IMHO. Its got a Krebbs pear sight too.

I want to sell it with 6 mags and approx 700 rounds of Wolf Yellow Box (copper jacketed) ammo.

You think I would be able to get $750 for it all? I thinking of even trying to ask $800-900, but dont know what to realisticly expect to get. What do you think?

2. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

You could probably get 700-750 at most. Educated buyers wouldnt pay more then 500.00 for everything.

3. Keesh

Keesh New Member

I'd say ~$750. They don't make the yellow box Wolf anymore and a a lot of people want it for shooting steel matches. Depends on who buys it though, some people may pay $800 or $900 but I'd say $750 is a fair asking price.

4. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

ask $1000, people are dumb right now

5. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

I was going to suggest this. Not only because people are stupid right now, but because you'll have plenty of bargaining room.

6. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

$500 and I'll take it.

7. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

I wouldn't give anymore than $400 for a WASR 10. However these are strange times, so you can probably get around $1000 for everything.

8. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

Dude, check this thread
    http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=4064214

I ended up selling that one for $600 locally to a friend, and I had a LINE of people waiting to buy it. I sold it too cheap, should have asked $750. The WASR should pull more money that my old Norinco.

9. Hooch

Hooch New Member

I wouldn't pay anything for one of those shitheaps.

10. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

WASRs are a dime a dozen. The package the TS has is worth about $500. If he works the Obamysteria, he could probably get $800-900

11. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

You're right, they're not really hard to find if you know where to look. However, with the current market in an uproar, and the fact that the post-ban AK's have plenty of demand, wouldn't that drive up the prices significantly?

Look at the price gouging that's being done at the gun shows lately over the AK variants. If he just throws his out there for $50-100 less than what the crazies at the shows want, he'll sell fast and have made a very decent profit.

12. Formula-95

Formula-95 2:32 PM 5-13-09 Never Forget, Hamburglar OT Supporter

don't lowball the man!

13. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

Go figure, mine shoots just as good as my brother's converted Saiga, and was less than half the price after all was said and done :mamoru:. They aren't shit heaps if you do your research and get a quality one.

14. Hooch

Hooch New Member

Shoots just as good as? What does that mean? Does that mean in a combat situation or Billy Bob and his brother shooting up in the air off the back of a pickup truck drinking Budweiser. And yes they are considered the shitheaps of the AK world, anytime you have to dremel out a magwell to accept double stacks doesn't make your weapon "function as well as."

15. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

If the Romanian AKs are so bad ... what about Romanian SKS? Same logic follows?

Local guy has a Romanian SKS with bayonet, original wood, but also has a Tapco synthetic stock with pistol grip and folder ... wants $400. I could care less about the Tapco shit, I mainly want a decent SKS shooter, just can't see paying $400 for one. I'm thinking more along the lines of $250 (even with the Obamahype)

16. Hooch

Hooch New Member

When I hear SKS, I think $69 dollars.

17. b370

b370 OT Supporter

Nova...... Let me know if you dont sell it. I may be interested and have cash

:wavey:

18. Keesh

Keesh New Member

It's an AK dude. I own a few and have shot a shitload more and they all have worked like they're suppose to. The ones that Century converted are have a milled magwel, not dremeled. Some of the Century built guns lock up tighter than some of the SAIGAs I've seen, especially the ones built on NDS receivers. You can make the same argument about converted SIAGAs, that you had to fuck with before they turned into a 'real' AK.

I'll admit the finish on Romainan AKs is shit compared to almost every other one, but BFD, a $15 can of Alumahide from Brownells and some Moly Resin will make it better than any factory finish.

19. Keesh

Keesh New Member

SKS prices have gotten ridiculous. $400 is way too much.

20. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

unless you happen to drop it stock first and bend the receiver because unlike most Kalashnikov rifles, it's stamped from steel only .6mm rather than the normally specified 1 mil. I picked up an M70 for $600 a couple months ago, and the the receiver on mine was 1.6mm. One of the more accurate models as well. Sorry but WASR 10s are junk compared to the other variants out there that can be had for the same price if you know where to look.