What should a good website cost?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RLich8, Mar 19, 2010.

1. RLich8

RLich8 New Member

I'm trying to contract someone for a website design and I'd just like to know how much I should spend.

I'm looking for a flash site, that will be about 5 pages total. I need design, flash front end, and a back end content management system. It's for my family's small commercial-industrial business. We do not want to use a stock site or a template, they all look like crap.

I just need something that I can list properties for sale and for rent, a contact us page, an about me page, and a sweet looking header.

I got quoted about $3000 from We Can't Stop Thinking (they are an AWESOME firm out here in Chicago www.wecantstopthinking.com) and I thought that was fairly reasonable. Since my family's firm is different from otthers and is not your typical commercial industrial firm, this is the way we want/have to go.

Thanks in advance.

2. Graham

Graham OT Supporter

:werd:

Flash sites can be a nuisance to dig through.

Nike went that way, and I want to stab my eyes out when I visit their site.

3. TomDlgns

TomDlgns OT Supporter

i hate flash sites.

the worst is when i am looking at something, for example, a picture, and i cant link it to my friend. i need to tell them...go here, click here, scroll down, blah blah.

now, if you are talking about a flash toolbar but most of the other stuff is static, then i wouldn't think that is so bad.

3000 does sound about right, that seems very reasonable.

4. cbanta

cbanta New Member

I don't know what all this company does programing wise, but its a local Web design place that gets alot of props, they do work all over the place and their sites look great.
    http://dawasg.com/Default.aspx