What really bad movie is your "guilty pleasure"?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by edrox, Mar 12, 2004.

1. edrox

edrox A good man, and thorough

There are alot of really bad movies out there. Movies so awful that you hate to admit liking them. When you do, everyone says "you have to be kidding - you liked that piece of tripe?"

Or, maybe you are the big tough guy who secretly watches Julia Roberts movies and cries like a baby.

What movie is your "guilty pleasure"? We're all friends here... no one will tell your secret :x:

2. Definitly "Bring It On". Its just so different from the other movies I like. But every time its on USA or something, I always end up watching it. Its funny especially the psycho choreographer whos from Upright Citizen's Brigade. not to mention Eliza Dushku and Kirsten Dunst in cheerleading outfits and nighties. But i do feel stupid admitting that I enjoy this movie.

3. Discrepancy

Discrepancy Guest

I have two.

Congo. I just fucking loved that movie, even though it was totally unrealistical.

Volcano. Same as above, something about it I just really enjoyed.

4. edrox

hehe - Volcano - yeah that would be one that you usually admit after a beverage or two.

for me, its "Bronco Billy" - holy crap that is an awful movie. But I can't seem to not watch it, if its on.

5. stewprime

stewprime New Member

Maximum Overdrive. Especially when that kid is riding down the street to AC/DC's "D.T."

Great corny flick.

6. Fatghost28

Fatghost28 Guest

I have too many :o

time honored classic: Odd Couple with jack lemmon and walter matthau. i can watch that all the damn time :big grin:

Buddy Buddy, same cast :o

but now if you really want to get into the cheese, i'll watch They Live :o "i'm here to chew bubble gum and kick some ass, and i'm alll out of bubble gum"

maximum overdrive is another one too, great cheese :big grin:

7. edrox

Has anyone seen "Slugs"? That's another awful one. But its more af an MST thing whaen we watch that

8. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Blue Crush - Kate Bosworth is so hot.

The punchline of half of my sister's boyfriend's jokes is "well at least I didn't buy Blue Crush"

9. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Ill watch a lot of bad movies..... The jurassic park series, back to the future series, congo, volcano..., dantes peak, the family man?

10. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

I like Congo.. It's a sci-fi, how can it be unrealistic?

I want to see "The Peanutbutter Solution" again, but can't get ahold of it yet...

11. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

and these are bad movies.. why?

12. Back To The Future series are not bad movies. Well the third one allegedly is, but that movie doesn't actually exist.

And They Live rules! Any movie with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper is great. This is how you know its a great movie. If you've ever seen the SouthPark episode where Timmy fights Jimmy in the "cripple fight", well the whole cripple fight is a move by move copy of the fight between Nada (Roddy Piper) and Frank (Keith David) from They Live. Check it out one day. Every punch and every camera angle is exactly the same. Its awesome.

13. bobert

bobert Guest

Bill and Teds Bogus Adventure... oh god that movie is horrible

14. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I like bill and teds excellent adventure better

15. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I thought they were good movies, but bad ones, that i watch...

16. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

You guys suck at bad movies.

My guilty movie is "Kiss Daddy Goodbye", where two psychokinetic kids reanimate their murdered father's body to get revenge on the biker gang that killed him. Definitely one of the worst movies ever. The only reason it's not on the imdb bottom 100 is that not enough people have seen it to vote on it. It played on the Elvira's Movie Macabre show, if that tells you anything.

But for some reason, I get some sort of enjoyment out of watching it. It's bad enough to be unintentionally funny.

Claim to fame: Fabian stars as the deputy sheriff, and the leader of the Satan's Helpers from Pee Wee's Big Adventure plays one of the bikers.

Jurassic Park 1, 2, and 3 sucked, but they don't have anywhere near the same level of suckage of the true bad movies. :)

17. edrox

Joe_Cool I have a new movie to seek out now.

Have you ever seen "Slugs" though? Awful stuff. A town is overrun by a mutant strain of garden slugs, that somehow manage to trap, run down, and eat people.

Contains one of my favorite bits of dialogue ever:

"You're not thinking what I think you're thinking, are you?"
    "No, something else."

Bad bad stuff

18. Joe_Cool

If you're a fan of bad cinema, you'll love it. It's in the same league as Plan 9 From Outer Space. :bigthumb:

:rofl: Sounds good. I actually think I may have seen it years ago, but I don't remember. I'll have to check that one out too.

19. Lord Quas

Lord Quas New Member

How High.

That movie is stupid as shit, but I'll be damned if I can't quote it verbatim.

"The name's Jamal!"

20. Joe_Cool

And speaking of good bad movie lines, I just saw The Dead Next Door the other night, and it had this gem:

You coming with us?
    No, man. I'm a zombie now.

:rofl:

It made sense in context, but it just sounds funny as hell.

21. wutang banga

wutang banga "Shut up cunt"

Jim Carrey in Once Bitten. The movie is terrible, but I own it as well as Killer Clowns from Outer Space :hs:

22. edrox

Plan 9 was terrible. I only recently saw if for the first time, and laughed all the way through. Did you see "Ed Wood"? If he was really as the movie showed him, its no wonder Plan 9 was so bad.

I think I will be flamed for this one, but "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" is also terrible. But, it is such a cult classic everyone has forgotten what a truly bad movie it is. Transvestite aliens.. Barry Bostwick singing... yipe

23. pctony

pctony Alyson > *

The Family Man

24. Joe_Cool

HAHA I didn't even realize watching it that the tall skinny guy was playing the Bela Lugosi role! I only found out after reading about it that he was supposed to be the same character. :rofl:

The whole thing is so disjointed and discontinuous that they should have named it "How Not To Make A Movie". Manos: The Hands Of Fate was Citizen Kane next to this.

Vampira (she was the inspiration for Elvira, Mistress of the Dark) was pretty hot back in the day though, wasn't she? :naughty:

25. freakSHO

freakSHO Guest

The Toxic Avenger. Best Worst movie ever