what processor upgrades can I get?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by schmooot, Aug 12, 2005.

1. schmooot

schmooot New Member

Hay guys, got a 933 mhz processor and am just wondering what my options are for upgrading. ie. can I even stuff a faster processor in there? where would I look to find one? and what specs do I need to know about them to choose the right one?

mb is Intel Easton D815EEA, I have a pdf manual for it that states the following:

Support for either an Intel Pentium III processor in a flip chip pin grid array (FC-PGA) package or an Intel Celeron Processor in an FC-PGA package or a PPGA package.

Ummm well I just found this table in the manual
    [​IMG]
    still doesn't make much sense to me, could someone break that down a bit and tell me the fastest compatible processor I can get for this mobo and where I could possibly find it please?

2. schmooot

schmooot New Member

edit: after looking over my thread it seems that a pentium 3 is the fastest I can get, so am I right in assuming that the 933 I'm running right now is about all I can do w/o upgrading to a new mobo?

3. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Yeah pretty much. There's really no point in upgrading to a 1.2 or whatever the max might be with a bios update.

4. schmooot

schmooot New Member

cool thanks for clearingb that up